How do you cope on a night out??!!

Ellen S

:sigh:

I so dont want this to cause me a problem! I am on day 1 of my 2nd attempt at SS and we are about to leave for a nt out down the pu watching a band....how do you cope when you get to the pub and everyone is drinking booze?

I feel I am fairly psyched up to drink pints of water but how do you guys cope? Any tips??

Other than staring at the thin girls in there and thinking ill be like you soon ?!:eek:

I went out last saturday and sunday night

and just drank water all of the time.

Like you said, have something in your head and keep it there.

I just kept thinking i will look good in my bikini on holiday

Everytime someone passed a comment on my water, i just thought of my bikini

and i found it fine

I agree with Chris - also I tend to drink sparkling water when I am out as it tastes like its something a bit different. Think about the results you will get and it will be worth it.

It's not the greatest thing in the world - last time I went out for a party it was weird not drinking, but I coped, just had water!

Hope you have a good night out x

I went to a birthday party last weekend, had a little protein and salad and managed to say no to birthday cake and champagne!! I think if I had to have an night in the bar I would stick to the fizzy water, probably asking for a piece of lemon or a cherry to make it pretty (but not eat them) if anyone asked I would probably say my tummy was a bit dicey or I was detoxing

Thanks Guys!

Well as you can see I am home already,:sigh:

I found it so hard, the friends we were out with are normally light drinkers but tonight they were on a mission. Shots, wine, champagne, beer, cider - you name it they were drinking it. My feet were hurting, I was hot and I felt so huge I wanted to cry.:tear_drop:

Anyway left them all out and walked home. Feet are killing me but according to my pedometer I have burnt off 280 calories on the walk home so thats a result!:D

Anyway I am doing this for me and all those people that were saying "whats wrong with you? Why arent you drinking?" can bugger off cause I am doing this for ME!!:p

Hi Ellen,

Your doing fantastic, that took some inner strength tonight, so well done :happy036:

Well done!
I couldn't do it, my willpower simply isn't that strong, I just wouldn't go.

Well done on staying strong, I found if you take the car you don't feel so huffed at not being able to drink and its easier to get home too!! Although good on you for burning all those calories. Must try that exercise thing!!

:DThanks for all your replies, its great to know there are a load of us in this together!

Well I stuck to it 100% over the weekend - even when my boyfriend sat eating a kebab and drinking wine in front of me - I have told hom to not change his eating pattern as I need to get used to seeing him eating and learn not to cave in - AND I DIDNT!! :D:p So chuffed with myself!

Had a sneaky weigh in this am and it seems I have lost already 9lbs!!! :D:eek::eek: Weigihing in on Thursday night!

:DThanks for all your replies, its great to know there are a load of us in this together!

Well I stuck to it 100% over the weekend - even when my boyfriend sat eating a kebab and drinking wine in front of me - I have told hom to not change his eating pattern as I need to get used to seeing him eating and learn not to cave in - AND I DIDNT!! :D:p So chuffed with myself!

Had a sneaky weigh in this am and it seems I have lost already 9lbs!!! :D:eek::eek: Weigihing in on Thursday night!

Great to hear your staying strong around temptation :happy0036:

Just to make ya aware that morning and evening weights can flucuate by a 1lb or 2, so don't be surprised if your a (little) heavier on your evening weigh in :p

:D

Thats great :D!! Im on day 2day of 100% can't wait for my WI next week to ee the benifits

When i go out drink sparkling water mentally to me its a step up than still water... and as for the why aren't you drinking questions i always say im trying to clear up my skin (the funny things is my skin is great im very lucky i hardley ever get spots:confused: but no one every asks anything after that)

Hi All

Well I am on day 5 and all going well - feel so much less bloated and have loads of energy etc, got aches in my back but thinks thats cause I am overweight anyhow!

I have hidden my scales at home (well not hidden cause I know where they are!) I have put them somewhere I know will be to much hassle to go and find them every morning to weigh myself - too tempting! :p

I am off to Aqua Aerobics tonight so that will burn loads of calories off!

Going4goal - good luck! I will try the sparkling water thing as like you say its a diff type of taste!

Lamaris, its difficult isnt it as next wknd (well next thurs nt after weigh in!) we are off to Vanfest and its 3 nts of camping, eating bbq (which I LOVE) and drinking......

Gonna have to really phsyce(sp?) myself up of plan to fail?! :cry:

2 shots of vodka would get me fairly pissed though so I would be ok on that!!

Back