How do you cope with evenings in front of the telly?

I'm like kingsbottom knitting a baby blanket for my great nephew due next month not sure what I'll do when its finished :-D

I'm very sad... I usually work or browse the Internet in the evening, so I have a big SW friendly tea then go to bed with the kids at 9pm with a cup of tea. I can watch telly, work etc upstairs, but I'm further away from the kitchen so gives me time to reconsider before indulging. I find it much harder if I'm watching tv, i seem to have it ingrained as a link in my brain, watching tv = snacking.

I have that link in my brain too Zoe!
Coronation Street = sweet tooth.
I'll get up & do something during the ads no problem but as soon as that music starts up again I reach for the chocolate. Crazy! Think it's a hypnotist I need :-D

Found another activity .... Not the most interesting, but doing my work petrol expenses helps, as well as browsing vintage jewellery on eBay and planning hubbys and my holidays :)

I have strawberries, muller yoghurt with 2 mini meringues crushed over the top.......gorgeous!
A good book or a good read on here also helps. If all else fails I go to bed when my boys do ;)

I play games on facebook, come on here or read a book. If I get to the point where nothing takes my mind off food then I watch TV in bed... once I get comfy in bed there's no amount of food that will coax me out x

im off to eat a mango :)

I try to drink lots of water when I am watching tv, it makes me feel really full and sloshy so no matter how much i would really like to eat chocolate or crisps I can't because it would make me feel really uncomfortable (my stomach hates me for it!) x

i save all or majority of my syns for the evening as i know its my 'danger' point...plus i like to munch on the eves...why should i stop...slimming world isnt about depriving yourself! if im doing green/red i'll often save one lot of healthy extras.

Back