How do you cope?

My body fat percentage is 27.1% so I've got plenty of fat left hehe!

You shouldn't be SS at all. You must not SS with a BMI below 25 or 26, can't remember which, its too dangerous. If she is telling you to SS and nothing else with a BMI that low its negligence on her part. Seriously you could make yourself very sick, you need to work up the plans now. xx

We'll I've emailed her with what I wrote in the original post and I'll be seeing her tomorrow night so I guess she can advise me on how to continue.

Well... I had my weigh-in today and I am now 10st 13lbs and I am still on the SS (as advised). Apparently I'll be on SS for the next 13lbs (my target with my CD). and then I can go up the plans.

Hmmm... what is said on the forum certainly isn't reflected in the counselling room.

Emmaleigh if you BMI is below 25 you shouldn't be doing SS. There is a thread on this somewhere else. I know is you are Asian you can do SS for a BMI that is below 25 but not sure how low. I am Asian and BMI go to below 25 and my CDC suggested I go up to 790 and then 810. going up a plan may be better for you?

Here is a quote from the Cambridge Diet home page site
"The Government’s COMA report into the use of Very Low Calorie Diets (VLCDs) in 1989 concluded that no one with a BMI below 25 should use a VLCD to lose weight. To provide extra protection, Cambridge has therefore stipulated that Cambridge Counsellors should not allow dieters to begin either the Sole Source or Sole Source Plus programme unless they have at least one stone (6.3 kg) to lose before getting down to BMI 25. The NICE Guidance on Obesity published in December 2006 further stated that people who wish to follow a diet of less than 600 kcal/day should do so under clinical supervision. Your Cambridge Counsellor therefore will notify your GP if you choose the Sole Source Programme (415 - 554 kcal/day), so that your GP can decide how close that supervision needs to be."

SS and SS+ are VLCD's. Your CDC is irresponsible, and not acting in the best interests of your health. I am sure head office would want to hear about her advice to take actions. You should not be on SS once your BMI is below 25, the minimum plan you should be on is 810

You should seek clarification from head office but the reason why you should not SS below 25BMI is that you do not have enough body fat to for your body to automatically look to for energy, and therefore you are at risk of the body burning muscle mass instead of fat remember vital organs such as the heart are muscles

Sorry to be harsh about it but you are seem to be ignoring the signals that your own body is giving you to add food to your diet, I respect that you are listening to your CDC who is obviously wrong and I am sure there will be plenty of CDC's on this site to confirm that you are being given health damaging advice to continue on SS.

This thread has really wound me up for some reason. I am passionate about this diet, but it has to be respected and done properly.

There are many great CD counsellors out there, and there are some like yours that should be struck off. She is giving you the wrong advice and you unfortunately are trusting her to be correct.

We have no ulterior motives for posting on here with the advice we have given, what motives does your counsellor have? certainly not your health and well being.

If nothing else, please check with head office like someone has suggested, they will confirm that you are being given the wrong advice.

Right, I'm off my soap box now, probably best I don't post on this thread again lol x

Back