How do you cope?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by cateka, 23 January 2009 Social URL.

1. cateka

cateka Full Member

Start Weight:
    8st7lb
    Current Weight:
    7st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(11.76%)
    I have sprained my foot :( This means that it is too sore to use the treadmill. I can still use exercise bike but I never get as intense a workout.

I am recovering from an eating disorder and its tiny things like this that tend to throw me off track.
    So tell me what you do when a little inconvenience pops up that means you can't follow your plan?
    It really messes up my whole week when anything like this happens :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Silver Member

you are just going to have to rest for a few weeks, and by the way you need to start gaining weight your BMI shows that you are under weight.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    How's it going Cateka(apart from the sprained foot? :hug99:

5. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    she knows...she is recovering from an eating disorder...so tiny steps at a time ;)

hun why dont you just walk on the treadkill until you have worked off the calories you would have by running?? it may take a little longer...but if you can see that magic number...it might help x

6. cateka

cateka Full Member

Start Weight:
    8st7lb
    Current Weight:
    7st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(11.76%)
    Hey everyone, thanks for the concern. My foot is feeling a little bit better now, it only hurts if I flex it so I'm back to jogging and it doesn't seem to be doing any more harm.
    I had another awful inconveniece - my gym is closed on sunday (yes, I understand, they need to sleep too) so I decided on taking a nice jog outside in the morning instead. Only thing was it was freezing cold and pissing it down on Sunday morning - I don't know if I'm being a wimp but I really HATE being in the rain, jogging or not so I didn't go out. I kindof depend on early morning exercise because it makes me a bit drowsy for the rest of the day which means I am not anxious at all and can actually relax and read a book or get some work done. On Sunday I got no cardio done, my foot was too sore to do Yoga or hip hop so... boredom = anxiety = frustration = binge = purge.

Really, I don't get how everyone else copes.. :(

7. totty

totty Personal Trainer

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(21.94%)
    Diet:
    My own
    oh come on hun, you can do better than that :wave_cry:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.