Newbie, fat and fed up.

Kharky

Hi all,

I have been trying to diet over the last 10 years, with varying degrees of success but always ultimately put it back on and then some. I have tried Slimming World, Diet Chef, WW and a few others for short periods. I usually get to a loss of 3 stone/3 months dieting and hit a wall. I lose a fair amount of weight but don't drop a dress size and wonder what the point is?

I have suddenly got a bit of motivation to give it another shot.
Its only in the last year that I have settled into a routine of food shopping, due to my work and other factors. I used to be terrible and ended up with no food in, leading to takeaways.
I am hoping this will help me plan healthy and the 5:2 diet can transition into a more healthy diet overall.
My OH has started cooking from scratch a lot more but his portions are absolutely humungous.

For the last 3 weeks, I have given a 5:2 diet ago, using meal replacement shakes for the 2 days. It's been good so far, having lost 9lbs.

Despite being better with organisation recently, I would still like to try to follow a meal replacement like plan for now because I have no imagination when it comes food, no skill in the kitchen and I don't tend to like traditional "healthy food". Can anyone recommend other companies that do meal replacement stuff? I have seen some of the ones with their own forum on here but are there any others?

How are 5:2 style diets for long-term?
Can anyone recommend easy low kcal food I can use on the fast days in place of the meal replacement shakes? I took a salad to work for about a year which I was ok with but I am sick of that now.

So that's my babbling intro. And now I'm hungry. Off to bed for me.
Katie

Hi Katie, welcome in. Wow, you have had great sucesses in the past with 3 stone weight losses. I know that I can loose weight by eating/drinking less but in order to change size I have to exercise. And its a difficult thing to balance just the right amount of food to give me the energy to exercise
Have a look through the forum and see what suits you best.

Hi all,

I have been trying to diet over the last 10 years, with varying degrees of success but always ultimately put it back on and then some. I have tried Slimming World, Diet Chef, WW and a few others for short periods. I usually get to a loss of 3 stone/3 months dieting and hit a wall. I lose a fair amount of weight but don't drop a dress size and wonder what the point is?

I have suddenly got a bit of motivation to give it another shot.
Its only in the last year that I have settled into a routine of food shopping, due to my work and other factors. I used to be terrible and ended up with no food in, leading to takeaways.
I am hoping this will help me plan healthy and the 5:2 diet can transition into a more healthy diet overall.
My OH has started cooking from scratch a lot more but his portions are absolutely humungous.

For the last 3 weeks, I have given a 5:2 diet ago, using meal replacement shakes for the 2 days. It's been good so far, having lost 9lbs.

Despite being better with organisation recently, I would still like to try to follow a meal replacement like plan for now because I have no imagination when it comes food, no skill in the kitchen and I don't tend to like traditional "healthy food". Can anyone recommend other companies that do meal replacement stuff? I have seen some of the ones with their own forum on here but are there any others?

How are 5:2 style diets for long-term?
Can anyone recommend easy low kcal food I can use on the fast days in place of the meal replacement shakes? I took a salad to work for about a year which I was ok with but I am sick of that now.

So that's my babbling intro. And now I'm hungry. Off to bed for me.
Katie
Hello! Have you tried Cambridge Diet? X

Back