How do you count calories??

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
I was thinking I might give cc a go. I was just wondering where you start - do you just look up the cals in everything and then add them up as the day goes by or do you do it on the computer somewhere - also how may cals a day does one aim for?? Thanks in advance:p

Hiya, I use an online calorie counter, it just makes it easier for me to list down everything I've had, or will have, and to work out how many cals I have left over. I normally just do it as I go along, unless I know I'm going to have a busy day, and then I'll probably note down everything I plan on having that day for breakfast lunch and dinner, just so I know how many cals I've used.

Your number of calories to aim for really depends on your activity levels, the amount you have to lose, and how much you want to lose per week.

This online counter tells me I should be having around 1800 cals a day, and doing at least 200 cals worth of exercise to lose 2lbs per week. But to be honest I'm sticking to nearer 1500 calories a day, I find that now that I'm eating more fruit and veg it's far easier to stick to 1500 calories, I always seem to have some left for a snack in the evening!

I make sure I only buy food/drink with cal info on the pack. Which is pretty much everything now. Can then use kitchen scales/measuring jug to measure quantities and work out cals. I splashed out on a pound shop calculator and notebook to keep track.

I prefer pen and paper to online but depends what suits you best. Maybe it's an age thing!

I have 3 stone to offload and plan to follow 1500 cals a day. Bit of modest exercise chucked in.

I've done my own excel spreadsheet to keep a track of my calories. How sad am i???

doing RC, we follow 1200 calories for the first 2 weeks then I was given 1500 per day after that

Back