how do you deal with the tricky times?

Enough

Gold Member
So yesterday I drove for about three hours on my own.. and I don't have any radio or music in the car at the mo.. this is fine.. but driving on my own always has been one of my week points when I want to nibble on something.. years ago when I used to smoke, I'd always have a ciggy while I was driving.. its the same principle..

..just like the way I used to HAVE TO have a fag on the go whenever I spoke with my Mum on the phone.. I'm pleased to say that I haven't smoked in years, and my relationship with Mum has improved no end as we've both got older.. but it's still the same principle.. that 'need' to eat when I'm stressed/bored/tired/lonely/angry/sad/wanting comfort.. and the discomfort when I stick with the difficult feelings instead of masking it with eating..

so.. I'm driving most of today (again), and when I stop for petrol, I'd like to buy a bottle of water and my fuel, and not even feel vaguely interested in all the lard and sugar on the shelves.. ..and of course I'll not touch that stuff... but I just get so booooreeed driving! I need Something! ..something to do, something to think, something to talk about... ??

what do you do in those tricky times?

Vx

Last edited:
Back