How do you do CD when your other half hates it?

I am on day two of CD SS and although it is hard I am doing ok. The problem is my husband. He really isn't keen on the diet and thinks it can't be healthy living on 400 calories a day as well as being active, eg running after a small child, working, going to the gym and dog walking. I have shown his some information about CD but he still isn't happy.

He firmly believes that such rapid weight loss can't be healthy and that the calorie defecit is too much. I really want to carry on, but I am not sure how else I can convince him. As a result he is not very supportive at all.

Does anyone have any idea about what is a safe amount to exercise. I have a class tomorrow which usually burns around 400-500 calories, more than I have eaten in the day?

Any advice would be appreciated. x:)

i joined ll 18 weeks ago...i did 14 weeks ss and then refeed.
in that time ive now lost over 4.5st, but the thing is, my oh HATES VLCD!! seriously hates them.

i asked him to just support me through the first week, when it is the hardest for me, after that he can dog it etc as much as he likes.

he stuck to his word, and in the 14 weeks although he used to tempt me every now and then with food in a messing way, he continued to support me. he would tell me weekly he is proud of me, but that he still doesnt like ll.

in ur situation i wouldnt take ur class, its not advised to do hard core exercise so early into the prog. but id sit down with ur oh and ask for his support, that this is a decision u have made and that u want to try prove to u that u CAN loose this weight.

good luck xxxx

When I did LL my DH was awful and not at all supportive the whole way through.

Now 4 years later after a very emotional time I need to lose weight again. I have brought enough CD to lose my weight to Portugal with me ( I was a CDC) and he is playing merry hell with me about it and saying that he wont stand for me doing CD. At the moment I am just cutting back but I am determined to do CD and I just know there will be terrible rows.

Cambridge Diet do not recommend that you do much exercise in the first week or so. What you may find that you get very tired but you may also get into ketosis quicker. The day after I started LL I was shovelling tons of gravel and after about 40 minutes I was exhausted and looked terrible. What had happened was that I had used all my glycogen (ready energy) up, Just like runners do when they hit the "wall".

Good luck with your journey

Pam

hi ladyz i dont have the same problem as u with my hubbi but i do have it with my mum i look at it this way we r doing it for us not them if we didnt feel how we did about ourselves we wouldnt be doing it in the first place i explained to my mum i wanted to do it and everything i just told u tell um ur just gunna give it ago n if there happyer ull go to ur docs to prove u gunna be ok lol good luck ladyz

Mine hates it too hun, but is supportive because he sees that it's something I want to do.

I kinda made an agreement with him that when I get to goal that exercise will be my main priority (easy for me to say having a simple 9-5 job, finished education, no kids, no responsibilities.
Just maybe let him know that this is what you want for yourself, and that you haven't gone into it blind. That you have read up, and have the support of your CDC and minis friends xxx

My husband thinks I wont do it either but he is not unsupportive just not supportive if that makes sense. He is making his own food as i dont want to be tempted so I guess that is supportive in a way now I think avbout it

My OH is very supportive! Tho he did use a bit of reverse pyschology in the first week, telling my that i wouldn't be able to do it. So i did and proved him wrong and he said to me today that he always believes in me!!

I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have a partner who wasn't supporting you through this. It must make it so much harder. I'm lucky my husband and kids are totally supportive. My husband cooked for the first week - tonight was the first time I have made dinner since being on CD.

I did have to tell him at one point that supporting me didn't mean telling me I couldn't have something and that I wanted him to support me not act like my dad!! He's been much better since then.

Hopefully, once your husband sees how determined you are and how successful you are being, he will get behind you 100%.

When I did LL, I asked by DH to cook for the first week. The first day he complained about my "useless" knives and went out and bought expensive Sabatier knives. He moaned everyday about something (talk about selfish) so I ended up cooking. Still I ended up with a good set of knives

I think sometimes in life you have to be selfish and put your own wants and needs ahead of others. Doing a VLCD is one of these times.

Your husband has to realise that you are an adult who can make her own decisions when it comes to her own health and diet. He doesn't have to like it or agree with it but he does have to respect that it is your choice.

Is he worried that his life will change re eating out cooking etc?

Jac

My OH is very supportive in a quiet way. He never puts the diet down but he doesn't praise it either. He figures that if it works for me then let me get on with it.
Poor Redpam, is your husband worried that this diet will work he could get left behind - good luck Redpam:D

Tell him if he waves his magic wand and turns you into the size you want then you will give up the diet:D

I think sometimes in life you have to be selfish and put your own wants and needs ahead of others. Doing a VLCD is one of these times.

Your husband has to realise that you are an adult who can make her own decisions when it comes to her own health and diet. He doesn't have to like it or agree with it but he does have to respect that it is your choice.

Is he worried that his life will change re eating out cooking etc?

Jac

His life did not change before as I cooked lovely meals for the family although eating nothing myself.

This time he says it will affect our social life but it will not. I am an ex CDC so know exactly how I can get round these things. He will just have to get used to it :8855:

My OH is very supportive in a quiet way. He never puts the diet down but he doesn't praise it either. He figures that if it works for me then let me get on with it.
Poor Redpam, is your husband worried that this diet will work he could get left behind - good luck Redpam:D

Thanks Busybee.

mine says that he loves me the way i am and do i want a curry and a bottle of wine? ......
but now he can see me loosing it he told me i looked like a chip monk, and i had a big arse ... lol

Lol, now there's a back handed compliment! :eek:

Back