How do you do it?

AmyLou1976

I joined here in May with the intention to start CD. I went to a new councellor who is fantastic and really encouraging and did the first week without a hitch. Now when I have done CD previously I had lost around 9-11lb in the first week usually but this time I only lost 5lb:(. So I dunno if that has got me a bit down and I just cannot get back into things.
I keep watching the inspirational slideshow and think everyone on looks fantastic and I really wanna do it, but I just can't seem to face a day of shakes etc! I see my councellor again Thursday and I DO intend to restart......again:(.

How do you all manage to stick to it? How do you manage to stick it out for so long? Sometimes even the big loss doesn't encourage me....does that make any sense?
Did you all get stuck in the first time you did the diet or have you done it a few times but have only managed to crack on this attempt?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease give us a kick up the backside!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

u have to get ur head in the right place first i find
some people have a smaller first week loss second time around as ur body remembers what happened last time and trys to hold on to things, ur body cant keep doing that on such low cals so will relax so to speak and the weight will come off

this is my second time after coming off for health reasons last time and im determined to get to goal and start living my life rather than existing in it

you need to look at the reasons you want to do cd, reasons you want to get to goal. get a note book and write it all down, thoughts and feelings the works and when you feel like ur wavering read it!
put pics on the fridge that make you cringe, get some one to take photo's of the emerging you at intervals so you can compare them ( hard just looking in the mirror, my brain tells me i look the same which i know isnt true, side by side comparison is soooo much easier )
set mini goals with little (non food ) treats for when you reach them.

good luck with your restart and what ever you do post here lots and often, really helps my spirit

hey hun, this is my first time on cd and liking the results so far - just not the no eating!! (did cheat today with a piece of homemade choc cake!)

so i'm doing the onedayatatime challange and finding this helps.

if im just concentrating on the day in hand, and not cheating, it seems to be easier, and the week goes quicker!!

also, it being the smmer, and lovely and hot, in the beer gardens, with my pint of water, doesn't really bring a smile to my face, so, i think to myself, this will be the last summer i have to do this and next summer, i'll be sipping the sweet cider with the rest of them!!

good luck on your journey, you'll be fine as long as you have plenty of dertermination!!

let us know how you do!! xx

Thanks for the lovely replies, like I say I see my CDC Thursday and she is just fab so hopefully together we will get back on track x

you can do it!!! x

For me, on last few days of week 6 ss 100%, and for me this is like a last chance saloon. I have ALWAYS been overweight and at 26 years old it has kept me from having a 'normal life'. You could say I hit rock bottom so CD is a life safer for me.

I needed to just rule food out completely, so this diet is perfect for me. I do believe having your head in the right place is the only way to do this diet properly, I am desperate to shift this weight so to me it has been a relief over the last few weeks.

this is my last ditch attempt of dieting but i 'need' to loose 4 stone to get the all clear to do a ne job ive just got....im hoping to god that i stick to it...i seem to have failed all the others...i think you need a goal...my last one was my wedding 5 years ago i managed to loose 3 stone then it all crept back on....have a look thru your diary and if you have any special eventa coming up use those dates as mini targets...ie holiday, birthday, xmas party, wedding anniversary...or even book yourself in for something like a st tropez tan where you know you have to strip off or something????

I find that when I'm wavering, stripping off in front of a mirror and jumping up and down will more often than not make me want to run for the nearest shake!

Not a pretty sight I tell you!!! :eek:

It can be hard and you do need to be in the right frame of mind. I can't stand the packet shakes so for me it's tetras which I love. Without them i think I'd find it hard.
Goals are good, for me it's getting to 10 stone by my holiday (10 weeks away). Smaller goals are also good.
Having the choice of food taken away from me has really helped. It has meant that I can't get in from work and head for the jaffa cakes.
Keep at it - the results are worth it!

Back