How do you feel about large consultants?

I think is important to remember the journey doesn't stop when you're at target, its as difficult to maintain as a target member as it is to lose, the old habits creep back in quite quickly

Thats what I am experiencing now. I know that I don't need to be as strict to maintain as I do to lose. It's working out how much latitude to give yourself.

The past week I haven't really being on plan, and keeping an eye on my calories instead. Just because my appetite has being tiny following my stay in hospital. If I kept to plan I would be starving myself because I just can't face eating tons of fruit and veg. So I have been having a sandwich as my main meal, and even a piece of bread for lunch. Pushing my right over my syn allowance, but still barely touching a thousand calories in the day.

This seems to work for me, of course, once my appetite comes back in full that would be unsustainable...

keyyrathome, totally agree with your post. I find maintaining really hard to be honest, I eat exactly the same as I did before target, always 100% S W and never lose anything anymore. I think my body tells me this is where I should be. I am at the bottom of my target range, ie 3 lbs below target figure of 10st 8lbs, so seem to be staying at 10st 5lbs. But I am happy with that, I just gain lots if I have a day off plan, its strange really.

to be fair though Holly's nan, you are at a bmi level that is on the very low end of a healthy level, it maybe just is your body letting you know that it wants a bit more!

I completely agree with this!! I see success stories and see - I lost 2 stone to target and feel great. I just think... I have 14-17 stone to lose, it in no way motivates me x

It will be a marketing thing. Their research will show that most of the men they get are really large and have loads to lose, hence the stories about really big men, and most of the women will be women with a couple of stone of post pregnancy/ post Christmas / lose for holiday / lose for wedding types.

It's women with only a small amount to lose which will be SW target audience, their bread and butter customers.

I think if a consultant is good at their job understands the plan gives good advice and follows the plan themselves and gets good results from their groups then there is no reason for them to not be a consultant I think a lot here need to stop being fattist were all doing sw for one reason to lose weight to get to a place where we are happy so why shouldn't they be allowed to find their happy weight regardless of what that is

Everyone is on their own journey and we don't know where they are on their journey. I think it depends on the consultant too it's horrible when u feel judged.

skinnylegs said:
Everyone is on their own journey and we don't know where they are on their journey. I think it depends on the consultant too it's horrible when u feel judged.

It is horrible being judged I've spent most of my life during and after leaving school being judged for being overweight its horrible as a number of others on this forum prob have and its happening to our consultants too just because they don't fit into people's ideals doesn't mean they can't help us on our weightloss journey

to be fair though Holly's nan, you are at a bmi level that is on the very low end of a healthy level, it maybe just is your body letting you know that it wants a bit more!

Well I hadnt really thought about that, you could be right. I am happy at the weight I am though, my muffin top has finally gone! That was my main thing about my weight, hated wearing low rise jeans! I have now discovered M & S skinny jeggings, proper comfy and high rise. Pushes it all in! I feel sooooo much better now eating healthily. :)

Well I hadnt really thought about that, you could be right. I am happy at the weight I am though, my muffin top has finally gone! That was my main thing about my weight, hated wearing low rise jeans! I have now discovered M & S skinny jeggings, proper comfy and high rise. Pushes it all in! I feel sooooo much better now eating healthily. :)

I've just done a check on my spreadsheet how much i would need to lose to get to 20.9 bmi. I would need to lose just over three and a half stone on top of what I have already lost! Is that what it takes to get rid of all those spare tyres around my midriff? I was expecting them to clear off when I hit a bmi of 25 :(

I've just done a check on my spreadsheet how much i would need to lose to get to 20.9 bmi. I would need to lose just over three and a half stone on top of what I have already lost! Is that what it takes to get rid of all those spare tyres around my midriff? I was expecting them to clear off when I hit a bmi of 25 :(

Aw no, everyone is different.You have lost so much and done brilliantly! :)

jaylou said:
Are you opening up a new one MrsS or taking over an existing one? Exciting times :)

It's a brand new one. Originally I thought it was going to be existing but they changed it. Quite glad really, it means I won't be stepping into anyone's shoes metaphorically and I won't be compared to the last consultant. It's in the middle of a large estate too and they're expecting it to be quite busy. I'm excited but apprehensive! :)

Back