How do you get by the hard parts?

Snowy

How do you, for the lack of better words, self-soothe? It's nearing the end of day 4. I'm doing the 3 shakes a day, nothing else (I think u call it SS? sorry for my ignorance :D). Since I'm emotional eater it's been bloody hard. I've tried everything to get food out my mind but it isn't really working. On top of that I started a new job today, which is very physically challenging compared to what I used to do. I came home with my feet aching and started crying because I just wanted something super salty and nice to eat! I tried to take a shower and give myself a good footrub to take my mind off of food and in parts it helped but I don't know if I can manage wihtout some good method to take my mind off of stuffing my face! :3 Any ideas/support will be welcomed with open arms! :eek:

If yr feeling this bad today Hun u will b absolutely feeling brilliant tomorrow. If its really tht bad have an extra shake get yr self a nice posh bubbly bath. Don't give up now xxxx

When you feel like that, do anything you can to distract. Come on here and read the success stories or look at peoples photos that have lost loads of weight. Go for a walk or put on a film, anything at all. If you really find it too hard then have an extra shake but if you keep up with your water intake you shouldnt feel hungry xx

Thanks Betty I'm trying to think like that! Because deep down I know weather I eat or not it's not gonna make a difference, I'll feel tired and so sad all the same. Sadly I don't have a bathtub tho. :cry:

And the cdc said that I shouldn't feel hungry with water intake. But I'm really finding it hard to not drink over 4liters, as the instructions said should be the "max". And my stomach is growling like a mad man and it's not helping. :3 I am NOT going to get into the habit of having 4 bags because... for one I can't aford it xD but more so because then 4 becomes 5 becomes 6 with my old habits that I'm trying to kick. :rolleyes:

The stories on here are really inspiring tho! And the people are so nice, so yeah, it really helps just being able to read and post here,

So THANK YOU to anyone who reads this!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I would say if you're feeling thirsty then drink as long as your water consumption is spaced throughout the day. I used to drink well over 4lts a day and I was told I had to drink 3 but never given an upper limit.
I'm a comfort eater too and its one of the reasons I gave up before and now 4 months later i'm a stone heavier and more miserable and I think If i'd battled a bit more, I could be 4 stone lighter and on my way.
Don't give up xx

As people have said try everything to stop the nibbles painting nail works also my new habit of eBay shopping I love a bargain and you lose the weigh so fast you don't want to spend much on clothes x

The best of luck to you flower!! You can do it this time! ^^
Mama!! No!! Omg you should see how much I've spent on ebay! It's ridiculous :DD I can't afford my shakes soon! :#

When you feel like that, do anything you can to distract. Come on here and read the success stories or look at peoples photos that have lost loads of weight. Go for a walk or put on a film, anything at all. If you really find it too hard then have an extra shake but if you keep up with your water intake you shouldnt feel hungry xx

That's exactly what I've been doing.

A movie or coming on here for a read.

Utterly inspiring reading other's stories.

It does get easier, I'm struggling to keep my self busy and my mind off food but after a week or two I won't find it a problem. I find online "window" shopping, painting my nails, reading, games or having a bath really help to take my mind off things

You've done it, u resisted, u cried, but u did it!!!!

As an emotional eater it's better to experience the emotions & get it out with a good cry - than burying it with food!

Well done you, emotional eating is a learnt behaviour, and now your on your way to learning a new behaviour.

I often compare the physiologic side of this diet as like giving up smoking, the not eating is easy, it's the habit that's the hard bit.

All distraction tactics will work, paint nails, watch a film, run up & down the stairs, do the washing up, whatever... It will only last approx 10 mins & drink more water if u want to

Good luck well done & stay strong!!!!

Xxx

Totally agree with it being the habit that is hard to break!
If I sit and really think about it, I'm not actually hungry! Of course I "could" eat, but it's only because that's what I'm used to, the minute I get bored out comes the food.
I'm now and day 10, 8lb down and am still 100% on track! And believe me if I can do it anyone can!

X

Thanks everyone for the support!

I know, it's learned behaviour for sure. The first two days it amazed me how much I really thought about food when I got even a little bit bored! It's semi-hard to watch co-workers eat really good looking eggsalad or even a banana, but I keep telling myself every resist is one step closer to victory! =) I give myself a 30 minute footrub instead of pityfood after work when my feet are so sore they could fall off. I hope in few weeks they will stop hurting! :#

can you wear different shoes??

spongey soles are the key - makes the world of diff!!!!!

Well this is a bit tricky thing, you see. I wear Ryn special shoes that are called masai shoes I think. They're thicker in the middle rather than having a heel. Problem is I haven't worn them in a month so they give my footsies extra hurting time. Now the thing is since my back surgery, those are the only shoes that have kept my back from hurting.... So it boils down to backpain or feetpain and since I know the feetpain is temporary, I think I have to pull it through :)

Hi Snowy. Day 4 was definitely the hardest for me. Last night I lay in bed crying and it was only my boyfriend who convinced me to carry on. I was tired, fed up and sick of being hungry - but this morning (miraculously) I feel great! I think like you, I am an emotional eater and from my blog you can see most of the problems I am having are psychological. If you think about it I have eaten sugary, carbohydrate loaded foods every day for 31 years - and now nothing a) it is a massive shock to our bodies and b) to our brains - it is likely you will feel odd.

Snowy - YOU CAN DO IT ! When you need comfort give your cats a cuddle , paint your nails, do something with your hands that doesn't involve eating, read a book, make something .. this is what has got me through the last 5 days ... OH And moaning on here !! ;)

Moaning on here is the best ;) I went to my cdc today and was in tears almost the whole time... and I don't know why! I wasn't sad or in discomfort or tired or anything... She said it's perfectly normal and that it's a huge shock to the body etc. I posted this on another thread but she gave me the GD "juicepowder" and told me to mix it in with cranberry sparkling water (that has to have absolutely 0kcal, which it does, I double checked even as I saw her drinking it too). 250ml of mixed juice and 250ml of sparkling water... It. Is. Delicious. A part of me is scared that I will want to go and have soda to get more of a kick, but I'm fairly confident at the moment that I wont! But the taste is what I wanted... the taste of different things; and I saw tons of flavours in the supermarket for the waters. Ah, so happy! Still water just was starting to get a bit old after 5 days.

I had exactly what u had, day 4 was pain in the butt. As u can see from this thread :3 Today was not so bad though! Other than excrusiating feetaches, ofc ;) And my neck and shoulders are feeling a bit sore too... damn. If I can get through a week I will reward myself with: TATTADADAA, some nice footoils and that nice grainy peeling stuff that smells like peppermint that I once saw in a store and didn't buy because it was too expencive and a long footbath and rub! :)

Back