How Do You Get Slimmer Of The Week?

misspaf

Hi guys,

Right so I was wondering how is SOTW decided?

I have been to 4 SW meetings (starter and then 3 weigh ins) and had 2 different consultants (the usual one was away training or something).

The one that was a consultant in another area who was covering my regular consultant just gave it to the person who lost the highest that week.

Then my regular one gives it to the person who is consistent every week. She also said that newbies (aka people who have their first weigh in) are not allowed to be SOTW.

I was a bit disappointed with this cos;

Starter Week - (SOTW was 5.5lbs down aka the highest that week and she was just new)
Week 1 - 4lbs off (SOTW was 2lbs down as she was consistent and "newbies" weren't allowed to win it although I wasn't the highest loser that week)
Week 2 - 3.5lbs off (SOTW was 4lbs down aka the highest)
Week 3 - 4lbs off (SOTW was a girl who started same time as me, lost 10lbs in total and was given it cos of consistency)

Now I was really disappointed I didn't get SOTW cos I had lost 11.5lbs and she lost 10lbs and we both started at the same time. If it's given on consistency, should I get it? Seeing as I maintained an average-ish regular weight loss every week?

This girl lost 3lbs, then 1.5lbs then 5.5lbs.

I may sound a little selfish but I was really counting on getting that award, I kinda wanted it to motivate me more. I'm happy with the 11.5lbs I have lost so far, very happy but I wish I got SOTW :(

SOTW is supposed to be highest loss of week, if it's not your first weigh in or you didn't gain the previous week. However I have heard of many variations on a theme and even my understanding might be wrong!

Awww I'd be gutted too, to there is a notice on the sw site I think, sotw goes to whoever lost most that week with the exception of- newbies can't get it and those who have gained the previous week or those who did not attend the previous week xx

maybe you will get it next week, you should do! if not then you probably should say something, there can only be 1 sotw so it may of been between the 2 of you, in my class the sotw only gets some manky fruit anyway, well done on your losses, you can be our sotw on minimims x

TBH I just want the sticker! I'm quite competitive and I want more stickers on my book LOL! I just felt a bit cheated out of the last one as I lost 1.5lbs more than the girl and my weight loss was consistent and averaging out every week.

I'm just curious to see how is everyone else's SOTW decided. I had a look on the SW website, can't find anything?

It's done automatically if your group is on the computer system. As stated, it's the person who lost the most each week who has also lost or stayed the same in the previous week. New members on first WI back after starting therefore cannot win.

They can however win SOTM BUT their first week loss is halved to ensure fairness because first week back weighers generally have their best loss then.

Hi

It is quite simple once you know. You can't win on your first weigh in and can only win if you lost or maintained the week before. So, she won because she had lost the week before (1.5) and lost more than you that week, ie 5.5 compared to your 4lbs.

misspaf said:
TBH I just want the sticker! I'm quite competitive and I want more stickers on my book LOL! I just felt a bit cheated out of the last one as I lost 1.5lbs more than the girl and my weight loss was consistent and averaging out every week.

I'm just curious to see how is everyone else's SOTW decided. I had a look on the SW website, can't find anything?

I know how u feel. I'm hyper competitive and also like to have shiny stickers but no chance as I don't go to meetings!!!

Just hold on to the fact that you've lost nearly a stone in a month! How amazing do u feel!!!! Remember you're in it for the long run and there will b lots of SOTW and SOTM for u to win!!!
V x

You also have to have stayed to class.

SOTW is supposed to be highest loss of week, if it's not your first weigh in or you didn't gain the previous week. However I have heard of many variations on a theme and even my understanding might be wrong!

I would agree with this, also, you have to stay to group to claim the fruit!

I've been fortunate to win 9 of these and I too love the stickers and awards! - I never received my bling last week as the evening seemed to end abruptly!

There's nothing quite like having the SW book covered in stickers :p

Do I get a finders fee?

Don't be jealous, just replicate it.

You don't think any of the above was my idea do you? - haha I nicked most of my ideas off here, from the SW site and most of my inspiration from the SW magazine.

Steve

Didn't get SOTW this week either. I lost 2.5lbs which brought me to 1 stone loss. I wasn't the highest either, the highest was 5.5lbs but she didn't win it either. A woman who lost 3lbs and a total of 6lbs in 5 weeks got it.

HOW?????:confused:

There is another woman who got 16lbs off in the same time I joined, she got SOTW in her 2nd weigh in when she got the highest loss. See my OP

Week 2 - 3.5lbs off (SOTW was 4lbs down aka the highest)

MEH! Disheartened by it but I should be proud I got 1 stone anyways. Just want more stickers LOL!

I really think you should ask your consultant about this.
Like MLM said though, if you are on the computerised system (which I think all groups are now),then SOTW is done automatically. The consultant doesn't work it out.

I just wonder if you got confused with last week's though and it was Slimmer of the Month? Maybe not, but I just think it may have been.....

Anyway, ask your consultant and in the meantime, I'll have a look on the SW website.

She had one of those PDAs, she says the PDA works it out based on consistency. I'll see how it goes for another few weeks if I keep losing weight and if I don't manage to get anything, I'll approach her.

like others have said, its my understanding that newbies dont get it in their first weigh-in back, and if you had a gain the previous week.......

Back