How do you keep from getting bored?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm about to enter my 4th week and am starting to get kind of bored of the food now! Is there anything that you guys do to help combat that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Bored in general or bored of shakes?

I don't really get board of teh shakes, I just kind of knucle down and get on with it. The way I look at it, its like work. You don't relish it, but you know you have to put the graft in to get a return at the end of the month. It doesn't mean that you can't try and liven it up as much as you can, but ultimately its just getting on with it.

Sorry - Im a very pragmatic person. I have my tetra in coffee, coffee in my vanilla shakes, and otherwise just stick to shakes I like.

If you get bored, read Minimins instead of thinking about being bored!! :D (It's saved my life while I've been on CD!)

On SS, I ate all the CD meals except the Tetras - porridge for brekkie, bar or shake for lunch, soup for dinner (and mix-a-mousse as a weekend treat). I stopped being bored by spending a lot of time choosing which flavour I was going to have, then lining up all the additions I could put with it (e.g. spices, herbs, etc.). I've just realised how pathetic that sounds, but it worked for me. :eek:

I mean more bored of the meals. The shakes I'm not bored of, but am starting to get bored of soups and porridge!

I really enjoy the shakes and bars and Love mix a mousse ..
I havent really ever got bored of the food, so I cant really help you there.. maybe change the flavours that you are ordering x

I only have the porridge, peanut bars and choc andchoc mint shakes and strangely I don't get bored. Sometimes I fancy something savoury but I don't like the soups. Don't have any advice really! Knuckle down like lexie said! It's worth it in the end.

I've had quite a lot of the same shakes this week because I had some left over and didn't realise what ones I had and got a lot of the same ones. So maybe I just need to get more of a mix and not have soup every day! It's mainly the soup I'm getting a bit bored of. I think that's what I'm going to do. Have 3 or 4 soups, and then get some of the other shakes to mix and match it a bit. Ones I can have hot, or vanilla to add to coffee. I haven't had many bars or tetras this week either, so might be why. I think it's just not a great day for me, been ok otherwise generally.

I've started to get really sad Jacey. Get this.

I buy 21 packs a week, say 4 of each shake I like, then 3 porridge and 2 soup.

I then have to work through them in a set order so that I have the same number of each packs. E.g I will have one of each shake flavour so I am down to 3 of each shake, 3 porridge and 2 soup. Then I'll have porridge and 2 shakes. Then I'll work through my remaining packs in a set order so that I'll only ever be working towards rotating the packs so they are matched in numbers as close as possible at any given point.

Any I arrange them alphabetically, and by colour - blues on left, porridge in middle bordered by soups.

Oh and they have to be the right way up, so the pack contents settle and I don't ruin any ripping open the pack.

Think I might be developing OCD.

I'm similar! I've arranged them in colour and alphabetically!! I can't actually help but do stuff like that. I had a guy at work ask me last week whether I have OCD!

you want to see me loading the dishwasher.

I think its a nurse thing (even though I am still a student), very set about certain things. Making beds? My corners are fantastic!

Hahaha, this is so funny!! :D:D I've got mine in the top vegetable rack - shakes on the left, soups on the right, with original porridge on the left and A+C porridge on the right, at the front. Bars are piled up neatly in the middle, in order of eating. :sigh: (I've also set up a 'diet corner' by the kettle - all my herbs and spices lined up in a row, with the blender hanging on the wall, and it's where I do my CD preparation away from hubby's cooking.)

How sad are we?! :) The thing is, I SO don't have OCD (I have ADD, if we're talking about disorders!), my house is a bit of a bomb site tbh and I'm not in the least houseproud.

I think all this minute attention to our diet foods is probably actually helping us, you know - we do need to get 'in the zone' to get through CD, and this sort of mental organisation is possibly a psychological tool to help us through to the end and a satisfactory conclusion. Just a thought!
:eek:

I think you're right. Being ordered helps us focus on the diet. I've just set up a whole draw in my kitchen with all my CD stuff. And I've got a little box where in the morning I take out what I'm going to have that day in the order I'll have them! I went to see my CDC for WI today, hence having all my packs to organise and play with! hehe

I do plan. I actually plan my weight loss too, some weeks I don't quite make it, but I find it helps me keep focussed as long as I don't get too reliant on meeting the numbers.

I mean its nice to meet them but its not essential.

So you mean you set yourself a target of what to lose that week? Do you find you're generally able to do it? How do you set that number? I like the idea, but not sure how I'd pick the number of lbs or how I'd try and get myself to hit it! I guess more exercise helps doesn't it, duh!

Mine too, although I'm not a nurse....but I was taught by my Mum who is :)

you want to see me loading the dishwasher.

I think its a nurse thing (even though I am still a student), very set about certain things. Making beds? My corners are fantastic!

I set myself mini targets. Usually meet them, this week I want to get to the 14 single digits. So hoping to lose 4lbs. Sometimes looking at the whole amount is a bit scary so it helps to chip away at it like that!!

Back