How do you keep the momentum going?

I think thats a strange comment from someone doing a VLCD which just takes food out the equation and means you dont have to deal with it at all.

We have a period of abstinence to help us lose the weight and take a break from the whole food choice nightmare that rules many of our lives. When you take a step back from food and look at it for what it really is, THAT's when you can finally be objective and start re-educating your thinking.

In our 12 week Route to Management programme we start introducing food groups week by week and have weeks where we re-introduce trigger foods. By doing this we learn about what triggers our eating and learn how to deal with it.

On the original WW programme I lost weight because it looked at how much of everything you should eat a day on a healthy diet. On the points system, you could happily use your points everyday on Mars Bars rather than choosing healthier options.

However, with any diet, its your brain that needs re-educating. We all KNOW what we SHOULD eat - but as we're all overweight on this forum (or have been) we obvisouly aren't very good at doing it.

My point about BEckie's post is not whether she has a takeway or not, but the fact that she is almost asking permission to have it. If you're doing that, then are you REALLY sure its right for you?

Just helping you to think about it objectively - not meant to be inflammatory OR offend anyone.:)

Hear hear Marie! It's clear that those who follow WW properly get huge benefits from it, without the need to resort to a VLCD. I have nothing against VLCD's, however they are not for me. I find it absurd that somebody who is on one and cutting out food completely, can preach to those who are doing WW and actually learning about portion control and food groups.
In my opinion, it's a shame that statement was made. None of us have any right to judge anybody else's habits, we are here to support one another. Misplaced, amateur psychological observations are not helpful in any situation. Ok, rant over :)

I wasn't preaching - was trying to be objective. You don't have to take anything on board. Feels like I have hit a nerve with this post.

If you look into LL you'll see that the Management programme looks very carefully at balanced diets, reintroducing foods slowly a group at a time, portion sizes and trigger foods.

I am not judging you. You appear to be asking permission, and sometimes the best friends are those that speak the truth and don't just give in to crooked thoughts.:sigh:

I will bow out now. However, I WOULD still recommend the books - whatever diet you're on!

If we're not careful, this debate could turn into a Weight Watchers vs VLCD debate, which is not really very helpful. All diets have their pros and cons, and it's up to the individual to decide which route is right for them. We will all hopefully arrive at the same destination, and if we are all happy, then does it really matter which route we took to get there?
The way I see it, all we can do is our best, and what feels right for us. x

On the points system, you could happily use your points everyday on Mars Bars rather than choosing healthier options.

However, with any diet, its your brain that needs re-educating. We all KNOW what we SHOULD eat - but as we're all overweight on this forum (or have been) we obvisouly aren't very good at doing it.

My point about BEckie's post is not whether she has a takeway or not, but the fact that she is almost asking permission to have it. If you're doing that, then are you REALLY sure its right for you?

Yes technically speaking you COULD use all your points on Mars Bars but I think if you took the time to read the posts on here youll realise that none of us do and all of us are actually gaining a lot from following WW in as much as we are re-educating ourselves in how we regard food and the food that we eat.

I wasn't preaching - was trying to be objective. You don't have to take anything on board. Feels like I have hit a nerve with this post.

I am not judging you. You appear to be asking permission, and sometimes the best friends are those that speak the truth and don't just give in to crooked thoughts.:sigh:

I dont think its so much youve hit a nerve, as your posts have been seen to be negative towards WW. This journey is hard enough without feeling people are being negative towards your chosen diet.

Personally I didnt see Beckies post as a 'request for permission' just a request for advice, as to the effects a takeaway might have. When youre new to WW (or any diet) and are focussed on it you dont really want to jeapordise your success.

One of the great advantages of WW is you CAN indulge occasionally without it having an adverse effect on your weigh in.

Back