How do you know when you're at the 'right weight'?

WhitePigeon

Silver Member
Hi all,

Bit of a strange question but as time passes by, I start to wonder if when I get to goal, I'll be happy there? :confused:

I'm currently the smallest I've ever been in my adult life and although I'm glad of the progress I've made, I can't imagine what it feels like to be satisfied at a weight... I've made my goal weight 11 stone/155lb just because it's at the top of the ideal BMI scale, however I've no idea if I'll actually want to stop there.

Does anyone have experience of this? How did you know when you were at the 'right weight' for you?

Sorry if this seems a bit of a strange question, I'm just curious.

before i went on holiday i was 1/2 pound off my goal weight set by ww but i knew i wanted to lose another half a stone, when i get there i'll answer your question again lol x

I originally set my goal as 10.6 as like you, it's the top end of my BMI range. I also thought that I'd be happy at that weight (started at 12st). I got to 10.6 and decided i wanted to lose a few more pounds. So then I got to 9.13 and still felt like I wanted to lose more. I'm now back up to 10.6 and I definitely want to get back to what i was.

I think it's just a case of setting small goals and when you reach them, reassess how you feel....

My first "final goal" was 13st 9lb. To get my BMI under 30.

Then my "final goal" was 12st 9lb.

I now weigh 12st 4lb, so surpassed them both.

My new "final goal" is 11st 9lb. I have a feeling that when I get there I am going to put it to 10st 9lb.

So my answer is you will just keep going till you feel right. I don't yet feel right, I have a friend who is the same height as me and 9st 7lb. Seeing her makes me want to go into the 9's. But I will see how I feel in the 10s. My goal now isn't a weight, its to get into a size 10!

Hope that helps some what and makes some sense! Haha.

xxx

I think for me that i'll be at my perfect weight when i feel comfortable in clothes rather than be at a certain number. Since i was a teenager, i havent felt comfortable in any outfit so this is what im aiming to do! Everyone has different ideas of what their perfect weight is and none are wrong :)

Back