How do you learn to like yourself ? ~ making small changes

Well, there u go then hun!

I have old wrinkly skin (everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE!)
My hair is thin and crappy looking
My boobs (which once were big, well HUGE) are now hanging somewhere down by my belly button

Not a fantastic sight, but I cover it as best as I can, and I can scrub up well when required (baby sick notwithstanding!)

I scrub up well when required? Is that the best you can come up with? I thought the object of the exercise was to be positive about yourself ...and this is nothing like bing positive.

C'mon you can do better than that.

OK then SP, as a nearly 52 year old, I don't look too bad when compared to others of my ilk, once I've got me slap on and the voddie has hit the spot lol xx

Hi Cheryl,
As someone who has met you in person I can say that personally i thought you were gorgeous and i told you tht in brum and if i remember right you stubbornly told me that you weren't (lol)

I have no confidence either and actually a lot of the time am not sure what people like about me. I'm far too quiet unless i've had a drink and then i'm far too loud so I can't win. The brum meet was a really big thing for me to come too that's why grumpy came to keep me company.

I'm the same with the lotions and potions and actually wear make up when i go out as a mask because it hides who i am.

As fo the social thing I know we live miles apart but your always welcome to come up to sunny Walsall and stay at mine (I have a spare room - well I will have if you want to stay otherwise i'm usually in there) and i'm more than happy to travel down to you occasionally for you to show me the sights in Bournemouth (cheap B7B will do me anytime)

You and H sound like me and mine by the way so your not alone, infact i've just posted about how unhappy I am at the mo.

Take care hun

Jo xx

does anyone have any helpful tips or hints as to how you even start to like or respect yourself ??
i was having a conversation last night with a friend, she was asking how things were with hubby & myself, its no secret we have no physical life, we didn't "do it" for 5 yrs until a one off about 3 months ago. She asked did i feel different now id lost weight, did i feel more sexy.
Well, no i didn't & still don't. I have NEVER felt sexy in my life, i don't see myself as attractive & when it comes to doing things for myself , it just doesn't occur to me till alot later.
For instance, after a bath or shower even though i have lovely moisturiser & body lotions its just doesn't enter my head to put them on till after i am dressed & its too late. I don't think about putting on make-up on a daily basis, even tho when i do i do feel better about myself.
Why do some people do these things automatially & others don't. After my shower this am i MADE myself put body lotion on.
I have allways looked after my hair & face, so why can't i do the other things without thinking about it ?
xx

Sweetie,

I can really hear your heart - I too suffered from feeling unworthy and lacked acceptance of myself etc....

Have learned that we are perfect, no matter what shape we are, it's how we think of ourselves - self talk in our heads!

I daily use affirmations and look into the mirror and say, "I love you....., you're beautiful and radiant....I'm glad I'm me"

When we change the way we see ourselves, that can often change how we are perceived by others!

Personally, I think you are great, believe in yourself, no one can ever be you...your precious and special honey!

xo;)

I am thinking of 3 things i like about myself, i'll let you know when i know what they are.
xx
1 ~ i have good skin
2 ~ i have lovely hair.
3 ~ i have big boobs
xx

Glad I've got to page 2 of this thread and can see you have posted 3 very accurate things about yourself!!!!!....:D:D:D

Lacey xx

Back