how do you mix porridge?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by bingbong, 25 January 2009 Social URL.

1. bingbong

bingbong Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi all,

Last night I tried porridge and I really didn't like it, but I think that it was too thick. From what I have heard there are heaps of different ways of mixing porridge and so I wondered what the different ways were and they I could try them and hopefully find one I like as I like the idea of porridge for dinner as it is warm and a bit more like food.

I had the plain porridge and tonight will try the apple and cinnamon.

So...how do you mix yours???

Bingbong x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MrsDannyDyer

MrsDannyDyer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.12%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    i mixed mine with a hand blender, just the same way i do the shakes n soups.

4. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi, I just mix mine with 140mls of hot water and put itin the microwave for a min or so, add a sweetner to the hot water if u like it sweet.

5. Champess

Champess Skinny Soon ?!

Start Weight:
    22st1lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.85%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I whisk with a fork into 140mls of boiled water then micro for 40 secs, then I whisk with the fork again and add a little more water and a sweetener. Then eat before it has time to set.

6. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

Hi bingbong, i use a fork to mix in the hot water not too runny, add 2 tablet sweetners and cook in micro for 1m then i add a spoonful of the toffee n walnut shake mix for a bit more flavour, tiny bit of water extra so it's not too thick....yummmy!!!

xx

7. New Life Man

New Life Man Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(7.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I mix it with 200ml of hot water, stir it then microwave for a min take out stir again and then microwave it again for another min ........take out stire leave a min or two to settle goes nice a thick. No sweetner for me though its sweet enough.

Having said that there is a much much much easier way also

I take the packet give it to the wife and say "hey you make me this" LOL :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.