How do you see yourself in 12 months time?

coffee_bean

Hi everyone

I know we're all losing weight for different reasons, but I thought it'd be nice to share our goals with each other.

The main thing thats motivating me is my sisters wedding. She's getting married in May next year and I am going to be her only bridesmaid.

Unfortunately me being the size I am is proving a little difficult when trying to get a dress that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a great big shiny tent (seriously - they do absolutely nothing for me!)

To make me put a time limit on my goals, I have now sworn to my sister that I will be a size 16 for her wedding (and not squeezing in one either). Hopefully I can do this by December to allow for dress shopping & fittings etc.
Ideally I would like to be a bit smaller than that, but given the time frame I'm being realistic. Also, I can't imagine myself any smaller than a size 16 as I've been this size for the past 12? years. The last time I was a size 16 I was a teenager!

I have got to pull out every stop and I figure if I can lose 3 stone by then I should fit into size 16 clothes. Its really only 1.5-2lb a week when its broken down.

So in 12 months time I see myself as a size 16 bridesmaid!

Kate x x x

Hi Kate,

In 12 months time, I hope to be the size and shape that I SHOULD be ;)

I am losing weight for health reasons and so that I have more energy to keep up with my little one :)

I am off to the Bizarre Ball in October, So would love to be nice and slim for then, But we`ll see ;)

Good Luck with your weight loss,

LiSe Xxxx

Hi

I see myself as a considered person, a person who has the ability to be big but also someone who has made a choice to be careful about what she eats.

I dont hate my body, I'm lucky in the fact that I am confident regardless of my size BUT I want to be able to wear the latest fashion and its not always available in my size.

I want to continue on my journey of discovering new foods, new tastes, things I never touched before cos I didnt think they would be as good as the creamy curry, steak and chips, lamb shoulder, pork crackling but they do.

I see myself borrowing my sisters clothes, not feeling like I have settled with being seriously overweight. My target is about 11-12 stone and I really dont want to be a size 12, My fella loves my curves, and so do I.

I think this is a good post and look forward to seeing the other posts!!

Come on you lot, dont hold back!

Julie x

Hiya

Funny this thread has come up as was only talking to my mum today who is also on Xenical and if I loose at least 7lbs a month which is what I am aiming for I hope to be down to my ideal by Crimbo!! When I did Lighterlife and got down to 12'10 I was over the moon mind you I was perfectly satisfied being 13 stone. So no occassions coming up just want to do it for me and look good at Christmas.

Well done Coffee Bean for starting this thread - it defo makes you think what you want at the end of your journey!!

Good luck everyone!

Annie
x

In 12 months time I want to be healthier and fitter than I am now and be able to buy something in ANY shop not just somewhere that sells "plus sized" clothing - that makes my blood boil! A bit like Julie I am confident whatever my weight ( nothing wrong with that) but I have used the excuse of my PCOS to put on more and more weight and I feel so tired and drab all the time. i take the mickey out of myself so that other people don't get there first and i take alot of ribbing over my size. even though i am tall i hate being told that my weight doesn't show - well it bloody does when everyone you know is skinny! I've no idea of my ideal weight but i would be happy in a size 14. i need to set myself realistic targets and not over extend my belief that i will be a size 10 cos it would look bloody awful on me ... also i don't want my daughter to have a fat mum!
so ladies, here's to us all feeling better, looking better and living better.

Hey good i like this kinda thread very motivating!

in 12 months timei hope to see myself healthier and trimmer! and wearing a nice pair of size 12 (atleast) jeans that dont make my bum look big! lolzz

i dnt want to lose too many curves either as they look nice in indian outfits! im bit on the short size (5'2) so will need to weight about 10 stone or lower to be able to wear this size i think!

good luck!!

in twelve months time id like to..

be able to shop in any store for clothes not ones that go upto 20-24...i'm aiming to be size 14-16 that will be perfect for me...if i can get to a 12 then even better but i dont want to be below a size 12-14 and i dont want to be bigger ethier.. i have gone down from size 30-32 to a size 20-22 since february so i know its gunna slow down a lot but im gunna do it!!..

I'd like to feel good about myself and get with a man i think i deserve not just one i feel i have to have because im not worth better...

Id like to be able to go and party and feel like im not the fattest in the room and that i fit in..

I dont want to be superslim because i want curves....

i want to be happy lol..

weight wise id like to be around 13 stone by this time next year.. which is ten stone from my start weight of 23 n half stone =] x

in 12 months time i want to be in a size 12 pair of jeans and a close fitting tee-shirt and not look like iv got a tyre stuffed under my shirt.
i want to be able to go into any clothes shop and pick something to wear and be happy with it.
i dont want to lose all of my curves and still would want to have ample bazookas!! lol
i want to be more confident and find the me hiding inside this big shell.

iv been married for 25 years in September and id love to wear a great sexy number for the party.

im gonna do it this time!!!!!!!

sharon x

In 12 months tim I would like my eating patterns to have changed completely and to feel natural, to be happy and a size 14 would be a bonus :)

What a great thread!

I would like to have dropped to a size 16/18 and be well on my way to a size 12/14 which is my goal.
I am fed up off payin lots of money for plus size clothing that I dont really like most of the time when I could be spending the same in somewhere like Next and getting some much nicer items. The last few times I've gone to get clothes I've ended up leaving with nothing as hated myself n everything I tried on, so I'dlike to like myself in clothes again.

I also want to be able to do more things with my daughter as my partners arthritis gets worse Im gonna need to be more active for her and me. Health benefits are also on my mind.

Really helps to remember why you're doing this.

In 12 months id love to lose maybe 100lbs i am 22.5lbs now so tht would get me to about 15.5st. I would also like to be able to shop in normal shops, not just be limited to evans, new look and catalogues. :D

I'd love to be back to a size 10/12 and enjoy buying myself things and actually like how i look! I'd like to have a flatter stomach too so i can stop pulling my belly in (if i don't i still look bloody preggers!)

Wow - good to hear so many of your goals. My thoughts on this one are if you share them it makes you want to achieve them more.

I'm going to add to mine and I hope to god it doesn't take a year to achieve, but I'm waiting for the day I can complete the jogging course on the wii fit without feeling like I'm having a coronary. Silly I know but its the one thing that defeats me every time!

x x

at least it's a realistic goal though :) i used to find the jogging on wii fit so boring :(

This is a great idea. A real motivation.

In 12 month's time I would like to be at least 6 stone (84lbs) lighter. I want to be shopping in normal shops and I want to be a hell of a lot fitter and healthier. I want to be in control of my eating habits and enjoy eating a healthy and varied diet. But most importantly, I want to be in control of my life, not food, not obesity, not health problems, me in control choosing to live healthily and happily.

Back