How do you stay on plan?

I got slimmer of the month last night, which to be honest was a bit of a shock (a nice shock) I managed to lost 9lb for the month :D which I am happy about but would still like to increase this to at least 10lb per month which I think is achievable with my weight at 18 stone .

The problem I have is that each week I am good for 5 days but never feel I have lost anything and can't see or feel a difference and then I go off plan for 2 days not totally off plan but more I ''stray off plan'' and then after weigh day I am so cross with myself and asking myself '' if only''

Does anyone else do this or how to you get over the feeling of '' I haven't lost anything or I cant see a difference ?

Help me folks !!

Well done for getting slimmer of the month, you're obviously doing something right;)

Have you thought about adding up the syns you have when you go off plan? Does it add up to more than your weekly allowance?

If not fine & just continue as you are, if it does try & make different choices. What are you having when you go off plan? Could we try & come up with something SW friendly.

SW isn't a quick fix it's a healthy eating plan.;)

Congratulations you are obviously doing something right! I think many of us sabotage yourself and it is just a click in the mind set. Are you weighing yourself midweek? Are you setting yourself up for failure by saying you want at least a 10 pound loss a month and then being disappointed with 9?

Try and focus on all the yummy foods you can have so it becomes an ingrained part of your life

Then try and think about how great you are doing not how your not doing well enough. When you feel like slipping try and think how good you felt getting slimmer of the month .

You are doing great and you will continue to do great just keep it up !

Teresa

I think after being on this forum that the idea that the diet will definitely work if you stick to it is somehow ingrained in my brain. For the last couple of weeks I have gained weight which is disheartening but I also started working hard at the gym. So I am hoping the weight gain is down to muscle build and not fat build. I wouldn't consider giving up or cheating cos I so want it to work and I still believe it will in spite of the gain. If I hadn't come on here I think I would be having serious doubts and prob have given up - thinking it wouldn't work for me.

I am wondering if you secretly feel 'naughty' by skipping the plan or bending it - must be something it it for you or you wouldn't do it I would have thought.

Well done for losing the weight you have.:happy096:

Thanks for the replies so far, I have just been speaking to someone at work who said, maybe if you didn't cheat you wouldn't be doing the diet still? Thinking about it, that's probably correct and the reason for the syns allowance. Maybe I need to eat less syns when I'm at 100% and save them for the couple of day's I'm not, which are normally the weekends.

That's why SW and this forum are so great, You write your issue on here and then an one later you feel all positive again

Thanks guys

Well done on getting slimmer of the month!
I must admit I hit tuesday and am so worried about Thursday I struggle but havent strayed and have lots both weeks, not sure id cope if my weigh in was monday! I think its because you eat a lot on SW which doesnt seem normal if youve tried other diets, but is the main reason I love it! I have 2 naughty nights, Wednesdays I have chinese with the girls (15syns) and over the weekend ill have a few drinks (27syns) so I feel like im cheating but actually it still leaves me loads of syns to spread out over the week! Your probably find your not using that many syns up if your watching what your having! Good luck :)

Thanks for the replies so far, I have just been speaking to someone at work who said, maybe if you didn't cheat you wouldn't be doing the diet still? Thinking about it, that's probably correct and the reason for the syns allowance. Maybe I need to eat less syns when I'm at 100% and save them for the couple of day's I'm not, which are normally the weekends.

That's why SW and this forum are so great, You write your issue on here and then an one later you feel all positive again

Thanks guys

well done for your losses, and keep up the good work. do you write a food diary on this site. if no keep one, helps you to see what you are eating and keep check of your syn intake. syn's are there to help you loose weight, so when you fancy the odd snack or glass of wine, you should feel to bad about it.

Back