How do you survive Christmas excesses?

Maximus

Gold Member
Always a time to lower the resolve and loosen the belt as all around us temptation is around, - especially buffets, cake, chocolates as well as the season's Christmas parties and works do's etc.

I'm struggling with maintaining target, my plan of action is Friday night (Christmas evening meal with walking group) Saturday night - works Christmas do and Sunday afternoon, a hike and afternoon Christmas meal.

I plan to be 100% APART from those 3 meals on consecutive days. They are important events to be celebrated and enjoyed. I will probably not be drinking - so that will help.

How do others plan to remain sociable without sabotaging your good work?

I plan to reduce my target to 145lb and will begin that in ernerst from Monday.

This year has been made a bit easier for me to stay on plan as I don't have a job so I can't really afford to go to any xmas do's lol. We usually head up to the german market for bratwurst, pretzels and lots of booze but the lack of funds has cancelled that trip! My bf said he would do all the buying but he's also following SW with me and agrees that not going at all is for the best. I'm glad cos I can do so much damage in such little time! As for the cakes and chocolates in shops I've done really well so far by just ignoring it! I don't want to come off plan at all, I guess being in that frame of mind makes it all easier.

Xmas day will be my only day off! My bfs parents are cooking so I can't really have them rearranging a whole meal to suit our diet, I have been cheeky and asked them to try though lol. I won't be drinking until we get back home, will probably get the drunken munchies and eat any leftovers my parents might have in the kitchen, but will be right back on it on boxing day.

You can be sociable over xmas and stay on plan, that's why we have flexi syns! I know it's harder when you have 2 or 3 events in the same week. I would just try to stick to it 100% in between the events. Sounds like you've got it sorted!

Last year I was 100% over Christmas - apart from 1 meal!

This year, I am at target, so am comfortable enough and confident enough to "relax" happy in the knowledge I'd put it right immediately.

Even my treats (usually chocolates/liquers etc.) will be synned. Good luck with your efforts, your plans seems sensible too;)

I've just started on SW so I'm feeling really focussed & motivated which helps me personally, as otherwise I'd just be thinking 'oh I'll just have this / that / the other, it won't matter too much'...

I had my Xmas do last Saturday, so just made sure I was extra good in the lead up & then didn't restrict myself on the night itself, so I wouldn't feel I missed out, but still managed to lose 3lbs so was quite chuffed - I just hope I can keep motivated over the next few weeks! Having to fit into party dresses is helping me to be good though! :)

Sticking to the bones of a plan is what I believe will help me through this period. I have decided a 2lb gain is permissable and I will deal with this in January. Snacks will be eaten very rarely but table fayre is to be enjoyed as long as I stop the minute I'm full. And the bestest and most looking forward to treat is a box of mince pies (my desert island food) to be purchased from sainsburys 30 syns a box to be eaten as and when desired. Yum,yum and happy christmas.

I'm anti social lol,that helps. No Xmas do's here or entertaining guests, don't do that either. We have a Xmas meal on weigh in day next Wednesday,with slim group. We're all have EE carvery ;) I'm driving so diet drink. Xmas day will be M and S traditional lunch at Mothers,but being as there's 11 of us this year, food will be in rations! I intend to eat whatever on Xmas day,but sticking to plan choices where ever possible,I'm lucky I can ignore choc,even though as to yet,I've not bought any for the men of the house. It's more buffet food I love. So I'll just not buy any for the freezer :( I can leave drink. I may have one or two Xmas night. Maybe I'll stick to coffee. So far I have bought nothing food wise. And there's not much room in the freezer. I've ordered Joes free sausages,so I'm hoping they will surface to any buffet cravings. X

Back