How do you tell people your on a vlcd

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
Im quite shy and private and I think Id be mortified telling people Im not eating food - Id be afraid of what they would think. How do you cope with this and with people telling you to 'just eat sensibly'

I told my mates the other night that i was eating astronaut food, and just deflected all the comments by talking about space missions, until everyone got bored of my terrible banter.

I don't think there is a need to tell most people. I just tell people I'm on a diet so I will not be ordering food at the restaurant. Or I say I'm on a diet so I don't want to go to the restaurant as I'll be tempted. At work I have said I'm not eating much this month. They don't need to know specifics.

I must admit, I tell anyone and everyone what diet I am doing. First and foremost because if I didn't tell people I work with then I could possibly cheat and they wouldn't know any different. But now I have been doing it so long and lost so much weight, I feel amazing and if by me telling someone a little bit of info about it then (if they need to lose weight) they might go and do something about it. I think that's how a lot of these VLCD's are heard of through word of mouth or knowing someone else who's done it.

I really think they save a lot of people's lives and save the NHS a lot of money. But they should definitely only be used by people who have a lot of weight to lose.

Not everyone agrees with them but generally them that don't agree or think that they are faddy obviuosly don't know a lot about them (that was me 13 weeks before I started my LL journey).

At the end of the day it is up to the indiviual. But be proud of what you are doing for yourself and good luck with all of you're journeys x x

I always find that it's better to tell people cos you run out of excuses not to eat. If friends suggest meeting for lunch I say great but can we make it coffeee because I'm on a diet. I tell people that I am on a strict diet which is all meal replacements - a bit like slimfast (most people have heard of Slimfast). If they express concern I say that the doctor approves. To be honest - people quickly see that you are looking good AND full of energy. Before long - they're asking YOU for advice on how to lose weight !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back