Extra Easy How do you view SW?

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
My friend and I was having a conversation on how we handle Christmas and being on SW and we both had different views about it.

My friend said she was going to take a few days off for Xmas and then get back on track. Which meant eat what she wanted, have the amount of choc she wanted and don't write it down. Then once Xmas is over she would get back on the plan.

Whilst my view was that you can follow SW the whole time and have a few extra goodies but don't go mad.

After a long chat, we worked out that the way we view SW is the difference in our approach towards Xmas. For my friend she sees it just about losing weight and nothing else. Where for me I see that SW is a way of life which I intended to follow till the end and 'taking time off' for me doesn't work with that view. I am meant to be learning how to have things in moderation and taking time off would for me be the excuse to scoff.

After our chat we wondered what other SW people views are? So here I am with a long post lol posing the question

How do you view SW? And may be how are you gonna handle Xmas?

Thanks x x

I'm with you.
Although i will still be on plan, i feel a number of flexi days will be occuring, and 3 meals out for works parties 3 nights running next week where i have no control on the food wont help. But i have the food plan sorted for the day as per usual up until the evening meal.
I am maiking a lot of SW friendly goodies for over the actual xmas time, so although it will go over a normal syn allowance, it will be damage limitiation.
I expect to gain a bit, but i am currently under target, so not a great issue if i do.
but i do see SW as a lifestyle change, not just a diet and then go back to normal!
Now i am at target i allow myself a few luxuries from my past diet, but in moderation!

This is a way of life now, not a diet. If I stopped the diet and went back to eating how I wanted, what would happen? Yes exactly, in a few years back at square one.

I am having a sw Xmas, dinner will be minus the potatoes and gravy - I do red days

Buffet will be meats, salad, sw dip with cucumber and carrot sticks, quorn sausages and sw quiche.

I have my parents staying and my husband and kids to cater for so there will be a few sausage rolls and a normal quiche lol but I'm not going to blow out when I've achieved so much since sept.

My hubby said to me last night why not ditch the diet for Xmas and I told him it's not a diet that's why!!

Totally agree, I am finding that I have changed the way I look at food and if I didn't I wouldn't be losing the weight that I am. I though about not sticking to plan and then I thought how bad I would feel after. The only thing I may well have is a treat on Chrimbo day, whilst I am watching the Royle family Xmas episode, of sticky toffee pudding and vanilla thick cream. I have not had this since I started SW back in July. I will not go mad, just have 1 bowl and enjoy every bit of it. This Christmas I feel better than I have in many years and I am determined that I will wear a nice dress in summer instead of covering myself up......and remind myself that I put on so much weight because of the copious sticky toffee puds I used to eat each week!!!
Some may call me boring but I feel good about losing weight.
Good luck everyone and enjoy Christmas
xx

im gonna be sticking to plan but flexi day on xmas day i know if i have a day off it will end up as a binge week

I also tend to have my syns as a weekly
Allowance rather than daily. Weighing on a Thursday is a big help for me as I tend to have a few glasses of White over the weekend, or like tonight we are gettin a takeaway after a hellish journey home on the train but it gives me several days to pull things back before my next weigh in. Sw really has helped me change how I view food and the choices I make. I think I'm lucky that Xmas day is just after my weigh day but I'm not going to un do all the hard work I've done since September.

I do believe now that if being on sw doesnt change how you view your food choices then you can't be doing it right, this is the first time I feel I really can have anything, it's just about choices and moderation

so how do you all manage if you are not in charge of the cooking and don't know the syn values of anything ?
i am away for tomorrow 2 nights , breakfast and dinner are provided.
previously i have just stuck to food i can syn or that is free/superfree.
i'd love to be able to flexisyn but don't know how if i don't know the values / methods of cooking etc (catering team is huge so not really able to ask many q's as they very busy and also don't speak much english)

Yes I feel the same as everyone else ... I dont really want to binge and trough everything in sight any more. Dont get me wrong I will be having a little extra nibble on christmas night but i will still be within my syns but i will flexisyn so its not a problem.

Good luck xxxx

lou*belle said:
so how do you all manage if you are not in charge of the cooking and don't know the syn values of anything ?
i'd love to be able to flexisyn but don't know how if i don't know the values / methods of cooking etc (catering team is huge so not really able to ask many q's as they very busy and also don't speak much english)

Hiya personally if I was in your situation I wouldn't focus so much on the syns when yore not in a position to know the syn values. Id try and pick the best option and between breakfasts and dinner follow SW. So if poss a SW lunch and the right snacks.

Sometimes we can't always be in control. That's my other lesson along with moderation lol x

I too try to have free & super free food when eating out. If (like on Saturday) I have a dessert I'll take a look on SW website for something simlar & use that syn allowance, its guessing but for me it's better than 'pretending' I've not eaten the syns.

I also keep to plan over xmas.

I am trying to watch what people do over xmas who have never had a weight plan, I try to be more like them lol. And I find they don't really eat more over xmas.

I'll be keeping to plan over Xmas too; the day itself will be a flexi day, as will the day after boxing day as we are spending Xmas with our families so I'm not really in control of what will be served, but the other days I'm hoping OH's Uncle will be doing a buffet where I can have cold meats, salad, pasta etc and then the 2 days OH is back at work (Weds and Thurs) I will be at the gym for a few hours each day.

I'm going to relax a little over Christmas, as we are going to my dad's, but I'm not going to snack between meals, and having the dog with us, means a few walks too, which I will make myself go on, so I'm hoping this will balance it all out.

I will poke my nose in when it comes to cooking though, and do myself some SW spuds and parsnips, I know he won't mind, cos I'm sure he's expecting me to do everything! He's a pretty healthy eater anyway so fingers crossed

I am going to be on plan but with flexi syns, I learnt last year tha tif I pig out I feel bloody awful. I'd rather appreciate the naughtie goods that allow and don't over binge!

I agree with everyone that SW is a way of life not just a diet to loose weight. Even when I'm not fully sticking to the plan I still think about what I'm eating and how much and it definately stops me binging like I would have done pre-SW. I can just have 1 or 2 chocs, I don't need to eat as many as I can until I feel sick!! and If I do go a bit mad on xmas day I know exactly what to do to pull it back.

Good luck everyone with your SW christmas's. xx

Back