How does it work???

Pouchie

Was just wondering if someone can answer this for me? I have been following slimming world for 2 weeks and I have lost weight and I feel great but I am eating far more that I did before. How does the plan work? I am not complaining I just dont understand why I can eat pasta and potatoes and still have treats and still lose weight :confused:

It's more akin to Low GI I think. The foods that are free fill you up for a lot longer than other foods with the same calorie content. So 400 calories of pasta will fill you up for a heck of a longer than 400 calories of chocolate, particularly if you are also having your superfree foods. So you feel full for longer and are less inclined to snack on high calorie foods. Healthy extra are there to ensure you have a nutritionally balanced diet, and the syns so you do not feel deprived. Feel deprived and you are more likely to fall off the wagon.

I agree with what the others say, If you do a food diary and have a look at what you have eaten (and not been hungry) i would gyess it is around 1500 cals. I have frequently worked mine out and its been around that.

My first week I was convinced I was overeating. On green days, had 15syns and 2 HEA and 2 HEBs. I ran a few days worth of food through a calorie counter and it came up at 1400 calories ish. So basically the type of food leave you fuller gor fewer calories. They're either high fibre or high protein, which are proven to satisfy for longer

Back