How does it work???

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Pouchie, 23 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Pouchie

Pouchie Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Was just wondering if someone can answer this for me? I have been following slimming world for 2 weeks and I have lost weight and I feel great but I am eating far more that I did before. How does the plan work? I am not complaining I just dont understand why I can eat pasta and potatoes and still have treats and still lose weight :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bubblensqueak

bubblensqueak Loves Slimming world!!

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I think its a low fat diet???

4. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
  5. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's more akin to Low GI I think. The foods that are free fill you up for a lot longer than other foods with the same calorie content. So 400 calories of pasta will fill you up for a heck of a longer than 400 calories of chocolate, particularly if you are also having your superfree foods. So you feel full for longer and are less inclined to snack on high calorie foods. Healthy extra are there to ensure you have a nutritionally balanced diet, and the syns so you do not feel deprived. Feel deprived and you are more likely to fall off the wagon.

6. geordie_lass21

geordie_lass21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with what the others say, If you do a food diary and have a look at what you have eaten (and not been hungry) i would gyess it is around 1500 cals. I have frequently worked mine out and its been around that.

7. Jael

Jael Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(18.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My first week I was convinced I was overeating. On green days, had 15syns and 2 HEA and 2 HEBs. I ran a few days worth of food through a calorie counter and it came up at 1400 calories ish. So basically the type of food leave you fuller gor fewer calories. They're either high fibre or high protein, which are proven to satisfy for longer

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.