How does the 810 plan work?

LincsBren

Silver Member
I'm currently on SS (and allow myself up to 2 SS+ meals a week, but usually only have 1) but am only staying on SS for another 5 weeks. Within that 5 weeks, I also have 2 x 3-day holidays, when I will have an evening meal. After the 5 weeks, I'll be going onto the 810 to either begin my maintenance, or possibly lose the last bit of weight if I haven't made goal.

Obviously I will discuss this in more detail with my CDC and get the 810 booklet, but would someone be able to give me a run down of how it works? I think I read somewhere that we're still meant to have 3 CD products per day plus the food allowed, but financially if I have to start buying food again, I will have to drop to 2 CD products. Has anyone else done this? I am sure that 2 products (about 280 cals) for breakfast and lunch plus a 500 cal meal would work just as well?

Food lists / quantities greatly appreciated!

The only reason they say 3 supplements is so you have all the required vitamins etc that the goverment say is necessary to be healthy. If you are wise with your food choices, I am sure you can compensate.

On 810 you have 3 cambridge products plus a larger meal than you would have on SS+. Your consultant should give you a list of what you are allowed to have in your meal and the amounts.

Could anyone list them for me in the meantime? I'm not seeing my CDC for almost another week, and I want to be able to plan ahead. I definitely will not be able to afford £41 per week on CD products AND buy food; before this, my weekly food bill was £25! I have always taken a vit/min supplement (not now I am on CD though in case I have too many) so could return to that, and as Shazza says, make sensible, healthy choices.

My book is out of date so I know there are another couple of options on each list maybe someone else might have that info

These portions are for 810 with 3 packs, if you are only having 2 you could probably have bigger portions

1 portion of protein rich food
250g plain cottage cheese
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 25% fat)
175g chicken breast without skin/fat
175g turkey breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet eg cod, haddock
260g canned tuna in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak
275g quorn pieces / mince

3 tablespoons of vegatables from list below
green salad leaves such as rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, radiccio, little gem or romaine lettuce

Celery, cucumber or red raddishes, courgettes or marrow
Spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops.
Chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or chinese cabbage
Broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage even pickled
Asparagus, fennel or celeriac
Mushrooms

cook protein rich foods in the microwave, steam or poach in water. Dont add any fat or salt, but do add herbs, spices or a little stock. Alternatively sprinkle with fresh herbs, a twist of black pepper or grating nutmeg, a squirt of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, wrap in foil and oven bake until tender. serve salads raw or with fat free dressing

Hope this is what you were looking for, I am pretty sure that you can have prawns and eggs in the new book, and additional veggies, I have a feeling tomatoes are allowed but not sure, I hope someone can confirm as I am hoping to move up to 810 (with only 2 packs so bigger portions) in the next couple of weeks

Back