How Does Your SW Class Work?

misspaf

I want to know how does everyone class routine work?

Mine starts at 7.30pm, weigh in lasts for about 20 minutes, then after that my consultant announces any awards that need to be handed out then she might give us a recipe she has tried out then goes through everyone's weight losses or gains.

We may share some tips along the way but we frequently get interrupted by her talking about herself. Then once that's done, she announces SOTW and does a raffle.

I've been there since January and not once have we had a taster night, party night, nor has there been any mention of woman of the year, young slimmer of the year etc...

I notice a lot of clubs now doing Woman of The Year this month and wondering why my club isn't :(

Mine opens the doors about 6pm - weigh in is on from then until about 6:30. Then there is a little topical chat about something, and then image therapy for as long as it takes (obv depends how many people stop!) and then awards for SOTW and there is a weekly raffle.

I love my class! x

What about Woman Of The Year, taster classes etc... does your do any of that?

I hate my class TBH. Paying €9 seems a waste :(

yeah we do WOTY, and we have the occasional taster class - prob only once every 3/4 months though.

x

Mines the same yup.

We do taster nights every couple of months (special occasions).

Occasionally C does some sales, or we have a bit of a challenge (ie we had an easter challenge - C runs 3 groups so we were competing against each other to lose the most weight as a group), body magic discussion or 'seasonal' discussion/survival tips.

Then IT, then SOTW and raffle.

I love my group too - but it is the members that make it as much as the C!

ETA - we do WOTY & Miss Slinky etc too!

A normal group session for us is weigh in for 1/2 an hour. Then awards. Then our C goes through everyones weight loss - she's had to start using the PDA and she's a bit slow - so its a bit tedious at the moment. If you're name is near the end of the alphabet you are often felt a bit rushed.Then we do SOTW and Raffle.

Last week we had a talk from a guy called Nick Waite, who has lost 16st 8lbs on SW, fairly impressive, ad a taster session. I've been going 7 months and we've had 5 taster sessions in that time

Oh my god. Your classes sound way better than mine. I've been there since January and have had NO taster sessions at all. The only change in routine was last week when she went through the new members talk with everybody during the session and that was cos only 4 members weighed in and there was about 10 new members.

I'm thinking of complaining to SW Head office as I'm not getting value for my money. It's £4.95 in the UK which should make it about €5.70 when using the exchange rate today but I pay €9 per class which is around £7.85.

:(

Not happy and it's not exactly encouraging me to stick to class. :(

Have you spoken to your consultant about this? Have you asked her about Woman of the Year competition? Has anyone suggested a taster night?

Yep, sounds like she does need to liven things up but to be honest, we have about 4 or 5 taster nights a year, usually for the awards type evenings.

The normal format is just a quick chat of what's new or any changes and then Image Therapy (the going round the room thing), which I love.

For me, the people make a good group, not just a consultant.

Before you complain to head office, I'd have a word with the consultant first.

One of my friends who is in another group with the same consultant is going through the exact same thing, she doesn't do anything over in that group either, so my weigh in is tonight so I will try and ask her about Woman Of The Year cos that's runs for this month is that right?

My friend is going to ask her about taster night tomorrow.

Urgh, I may move groups to save the hassle. Only reason I went there was cos my friend was going there but now she's dropped out so I don't really have any reason to stick to it. I also still have not got my Club 10 week free since March! :mad:

have you took your club 10 free week voucher in?

does sound a bit rubbish like, ours is fab

30min weight in, awards, bit of a chat about strategies/seasonal, then around with the PDA for losses/gains

about once amonth, taster, we also do the awards/comps, usually have an other group comp running,

the SOTW/M and raffle

very motivating and I love it, we also have a facebook page for through the week support :)

If you don't like it change your group, I did, my first group was like yours, hardly anyone stayed and those that did would talk about how many vodkas they could have in a weekend if they saved their syns, that was when I decided to find somewhere else, never looked back x

Back