How Embarrasing!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ginstar, 9 September 2009 Social URL.

1. ginstar

ginstar Member

Diet:
    CD
    I have started the Cambridge diet today and am so embarrased as the scales the lady bought with her do not register my weight......:eek::eek::eek:

That is enough reason for me to start and continue with the diet!! lol

Trouble is, she was only able to take measurements so I will have no idea how much weight I have lost until I see her next week when she will be bringing the industrial cattle scales (my words not hers!!) to start recording my weight.

Oh the shame of it!!:sigh::sigh::sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cazmilligan

cazmilligan Happiness in a shake!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.5%)
    Diet:
    cd
    I wouldn't worry too much about it hun, the losses on this diet are so incredible, you will be registering on the scales in no time at all, you have made the biggest step by starting, and that in itself is a huge achievement, well done, and try not to worry about the scales x

4. NicolaR

NicolaR Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.05%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Bless you ginstar, what an awful thing to have happened! But you've taken the first step in your weight loss and CD will work if you can stick to it 100% (ahem, not that i've been able to do that lately but hey ho!)

good luck and let us know how you get on, and remember we're all here for support if you need us!

5. Thelma

Thelma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(24.31%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet - SS+
    Bless, that must have felt awful. You'll definitely see a change in both the measurements and weight soon. If you really want to know what you weigh, why not go to your local Boots (or similar) and use their scales there? But if you're happy to wait until the CDC scales work for you, then keep downing those shakes and water and you'll be there in no time at all!

Good luck and keep us posted!
    x

6. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Honey, don't let it upset you... pretty soon those scales will never be needed again. CD is fab and really can change your life, so best of luck on your journey.

xxx

7. Claudine004

Claudine004 Oh Yea!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey,

Wow that must have been a strange feeling, but thats why you are doing this diet!

You will soon be on her scales registering with no problems and it will make your story even more interesting when the weight has gone! The impact will be greater!

Your CDC will want to be using your story for the local press!!!

Good luck. This diet is lfe changing and you have done the hardest bit now. The rest is sticking to it and watching the weight fall off!

8. babycake

babycake Please kick my butt!!

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Undecided
    OOOPS have you got a Boots near you? they usually have a "good" set of scales to weigh on so that you at least you can have a figure in your head!!!! Get you in the mind set.

Good luck and welcome to your journey xoxox

9. AG1981

AG1981 Gold Member

Diet:
    Undecided
    Do you not have a local boots you can go and weigh yourself at. The one near me has a big set that does your body fat and all sorts but I think you can just get your weight alone. I personally love the first week loss and thinking of it in lbs. Maybe that is an idea if you're like me.

If not though I agree with the others, the losses are so quick and considerable you'll be appearing on those other scales before you know it.

Stick with it hun and good luck.

xXx

10. Stellap

Stellap Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(29.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    just think about how good your weight loss will be in the first week. They say that the bigger you are the more you initially lose. Don't worry about what you are now, its just a number, just concentrate on what you want to be.

11. crimson_vixen

crimson_vixen Shoe Lover

Start Weight:
    30st8lb
    Current Weight:
    28st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(7.24%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Don't let it upset you. I have also had problems with scales in the past including this time when this horrid locum doctor made me stand on two scales, one foot on each, to help her get my weight because there wasn't one in the whole surgery that went up high enough.

I am starting CD within the next few days and hope that I will never again need to worry about scales and such trivial things! lol!!

Good luck with everything! x

12. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    ah woops, my Wii Fit board was like that ages ago; it really was a 'one at a time, please' moment...

13. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    ooooough! I don't like that. When I was a CDC....I had scales that went up to 31 stone. I would have been mortified to do that to someone! She should be ruddy embarrassed, not you! As for calling them "industrial cattle scales"....mmmm....great. Sensitive. Sounds like a peach!

Don't worry about the scales. You'll be grand in no time at all!!!

xx

14. Hoping2LoseBig!!

Hoping2LoseBig!! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.83%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Aww hun that sucks, but like others have said, you have taken the first time and the weight will be dropping off you in no time! Good luck hun and keep at it! xx

15. ginstar

ginstar Member

Diet:
    CD
    well peeps, cdc couldnt bring the cattle scales (lol) so I had a "measure - in" instead...13 1/2 inches in total in 6 days (she also had to move appointment time) woohoo!! why arent my clothes feeling any looser!! :-(

16. AG1981

AG1981 Gold Member

Diet:
    Undecided
    Well done hun, that's awesome in 6 days.
    XXX

17. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Fab inch loss, but I'd be seriously concerned as to why she hasn't brought her scales, I wouldn't be happy at all.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Diet:
    VLCD
    I agree - she sounds a bit insensitive - suppose it depends on her tone though (she might have been trying to lighten the situation). You will look back and smile at the memory of that experience. Well done on week 1 and good luck!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.