How fast do you inches?

frankied

Silver Member
I'm worried that I'm not loosing inches fast enough as it seems so slow I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. Although I must be as I have dropped 2 dress sizes. But is this slow for someone at such a high weight and been doing it for 14 weeks? I don't really have any idea.

How fast do other people drop the inches? I'm really interested in those closer to my weight. and also in how fast people loose inches compared to loosing weight from the scales

I don't recal every inch loss, but it took me 7 months to go from a size 22 down to a size 12.

I never really look any notice of the inches when I lost my weight, I think you have done fantastically well.

When I lost my weight before falling pregnant it took me 9 months to go from an size 18 to 12 top and size 20 to 14 bottom.

Its really hard to gauge dress size as we all know how they vary so much.

Well done with your weight loss so far

Well, they say (and I'm not exactly sure who "they" are!) that a dress size is 10lb.

I don't think it is - on me, that is. But everyone's different. I've got what I consider to be a large frame (and the "fingers round the wrist" test confirms this) and I've always been heavier than I look. But I definitely don't go down a dress size for every 10lb. It seems more like about a stone and a half for a dress size.

Having said that, I'm now down about 5 dress sizes, in just under 6 stone.

However - and this is a big "however" - the last time I lost a lot of weight, I didn't exercise at all. And I got to within half a stone of where I am now, but I was still a size and a half bigger.
This time, I have been exercising as I've got slimmer, and I've obviously done lots more toning, and I'm a size I could never have believed I'd get to: about an 11 on the bottom, and a 13 on the top!

But interestingly, the inch loss never seems to have come at the same time as the pound loss.

So I'd say, probably, when you've got a lot to lose, the first couple of stone could come off without a really significant inch loss. As you lose a bit more, and get the energy to exercise a bit more, you may well find that the inch loss overtakes the pound loss.

But whatever happens, by losing this weight, you're going to feel AND look a hell of a lot better.
Keep at it - it really works!

(This is from someone with a massive grin on her face, because of achieving target last night: so I know it really does work!)

JimofTroy said:
Well, they say (and I'm not exactly sure who "they" are!) that a dress size is 10lb.

I don't think it is - on me, that is. But everyone's different. I've got what I consider to be a large frame (and the "fingers round the wrist" test confirms this) and I've always been heavier than I look. But I definitely don't go down a dress size for every 10lb. It seems more like about a stone and a half for a dress size.

However - and this is a big "however" - the last time I lost a lot of weight, I didn't exercise at all. And I got to within half a stone of where I am now, but I was still a size and a half bigger.
This time, I have been exercising as I've got slimmer, and I've obviously done lots more toning, and I'm a size I could never have believed I'd get to: about an 11 on the bottom, and a 13 on the top!

But interestingly, the inch loss never seems to have come at the same time as the pound loss.

So I'd say, probably, when you've got a lot to lose, the first couple of stone could come off without a really significant inch loss. As you lose a bit more, and get the energy to exercise a bit more, you may well find that the inch loss overtakes the pound loss.

But whatever happens, by losing this weight, you're going to feel AND look a hell of a lot better.

(This is from someone with a massive grin on her face, because of achieving target last night: so I know it really does work!)

Well done on getting to target! Explain the fingers round the wrist thing please?? Have not heard this before.

You put your right hand round your left wrist (or the other way round, if you're left handed), and try and make your thumb meet your - well some people do it with their index finger, and some their middle finger. So I'm not sure which one it should be.

But anyway, if your thumb and finger overlap, you've got a small frame, if they meet you've got a medium frame, and if they don't meet you've got a large frame.

And some healthy weight calculators - but not the BMI (which is a VERY crude measure!) - adjust their expectation of your healthy weight by 10% either way, if you've got a large or a small frame.

Interesting- mine def do not meet!! That explains why i have never been a size 12 - even when i was a kid!

Congratulations on meeting your target!x

Mine just overlaps covering my nail, I'm now 10st 5 and a size 10.

My inch loss seems to be in stones, each stone I lose I go down a clothes size (approximately) that is x

Back