How long after birth can I join?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by HappyNoodles, 12 July 2011 Social URL.

1. HappyNoodles

HappyNoodles Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Hi everyone, I'd really appreciate any replies.
    I just had a wonderful baby girl a month ago this thursday and I'm eager to join WW, feel healthy physically, been very active since 3days after I had her etc.
    There's a meeting tomorrow that I'd love to go to but I've so much on my plate at the mo that I can't risk going if i'll be turned away, we're moving house this week among many other things. Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LittleMissThin 17

LittleMissThin 17 wants to be skinny ♥

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.67%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers- ProPoints
    Hi, it says on my member card on the back:

"Mothers may join once their baby is 6 weeks old and they have their doctor's, health visitor's or midwife's approval."

4. HappyNoodles

HappyNoodles Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Hmmm I wonder why, I'm probably eating less than the points allowance now as it is so joining would actually make me healthier?

Thanks for the reply x

5. LittleMissThin 17

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.67%)
    Diet:
    Possibly to give your body enough time to recover after the birth? I honestly don't know- I've never had a child so this is just a guess.

Lots of people find when they join they can't believe how much they are eating :) So it could make you healthier, I suppose it depends on what you're eating now. :)

6. Whiteybitey

Whiteybitey Full Member

Ok you never heard this from me but I went back when my wee boy was 4 weeks old and they never asked for a letter from my doctor and I never told them!! ;)

I made sure I told them I was breastfeeding etc but like you I was actually eating more and healthier whilst on the diet.

It's up to you how honest you are!!x

7. LittleMissThin 17

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(22.67%)
    Diet:
    Ooh sneaky! I'd try that if I were in the same position ;)

8. MrsMoose

MrsMoose Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.6lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    They don't want to joining too early for health reasons! But your body doesn't start getting bac to normal til 6 mths after u give birth! Ur womb etc stil has to shrink back etc so I'd leave it for a while! I joined wen my little lad was 4 weeks (I lied) n to be honest it was a waste of time n money! Enjoy ur little one while ya can

9. biscuit lover

biscuit lover Member

I started this time around when my little boy was 6 weeks old. You get extra points depending on if you are fully or partially breastfeeding and I haven't found any problems with my milk supply.

Go for it and enjoy your little person xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.