how long before i put it in fridge!??

charleybabes

Silver Member
hi all

i have made the tuna and bacon quiche ... its the first time ive ever made a quiche and i have to say it looks pretty good!!
its been out of the oven for about half an hour now and is still pretty warm..
the husband only likes quiche cold so we will have it cold at teatime.. how long should i leave it before i put in the fridge, when its completely cold ?
im just a bit worried about it going funny because of having eggs in ?

I would wait till it's fully cold. I wouldn't put anything in the fridge slightly warm from cooking...

Not sure if that correct but just my opinion?

Won't he heat it at room temperature then you dont have to chill at all.

Let me know what it's like and where you got the recipe, sounds a bit nice x x

I would wait until it's cold. I've had a dicky tummy a few times by not waiting until food has cooled properly before putting it in the fridge. Although in saying that the food has had to be reheated before eating so that might make a difference? A completely useless answer from me, apologies :D

Yup - leave it until it is completely cold. Not only for the benefit of the quiche (was going to put "the quiches benefit, but wasn't sure where to put the '), but if you put warm food in the fridge, it raises the internal temperature of the fridge and possibly ruins other food if it isn't chilled at the correct temperature.

Enjoy it anyways :0)

Hi when I did my basic food hygiene course we were told to leave hot food for the "cooking off" period, max 90 mins which is plenty long enough for it to be completly cool by then! Hope this helps.

If it were me i'd wait until its gone completely cold, but then my husband tells me I'm a bit OCD about not putting things in the fridge warm!

well everyone i left it till it went cold.. and then me and the husband ate it all !!.. it was absolutely gorgeous!!... i cant believe that it was all free foods and was so tasty and filling.. first time ive made one.. will be making one again very soon!!!

I was going to ask that too! Can we get the recipe please - sounds YUM!!

Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 1 large or 2 small tins tuna in brine
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1pk lean back bacon, trimmed of all visible fat & chopped finely
- large pinch mixed herbs
- salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste

Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 190ºC / 375ºF / Gas 5.

2. Dry-fry the onion and bacon until soft. Place in a shallow ovenproof quiche dish.

3. Beat the eggs with the seasoning and herbs.

4. Drain the tuna well, flake and add to the dish with the onion and bacon. Pour over the beaten egg and mix well.

5. Press the mixture down lightly.

6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until set and golden brown. Serve hot or cold.

Back