How long before you could see the weight coming off?

emmie86

Angelic Fruitcake
Hello All I was just wondering how long was it before you could see the weight you were losing. I don't mean when the scales or tape measure are telling you that the weight/inches have gone down but when you first looked in the mirror and thought "wow I'm a bit smaller now". I'm still fairly new to the diet and have almost lost a stone but I still look the same to myself friends and family etc and my size 16 clothes feel just as tight as they did before I lost the 10lbs. So I was just wondering how long it was into the diet before others noticed a difference in the size of their body? I look forward to reading everyones answers xxxx

I think it often depends how heavy you are to begin with, and the kind of clothing you wear. I've lost as much as 25lbs in the past and not had anyone notice.

Last time I lost 3 stone on CD SS I looked pretty much the same!:(

I think the other thing to keep in mind is that it's hard to view yourself with complete objectivity. You don't see yourself the way others see you, and you may not see a difference, even though others do. I can remember looking at my old pictures, taken before I put on so much weight, and thinking that I was pretty thin back then. At the time the photos were snapped, however, I thought I was a big fat cow!

I try not to look at myself in the mirror and think anything about how I look. Rather, I let the scale and the tape measure tell me whether or not I'm getting smaller.

Hi,I think people started noticing my weight loss when I hit just over 2 stone.
I wouldnt worry about it though because the health benefits associated with just losing a couple of pounds far outweigh the fact that people havent noticed yet.
Just keep doing what you're doing and it wont be long before people start to notice.........and by the way at first its great when they do,but it wont be long before they start telling you you have lost too much,you need to stop blah blah blah...and you will wish for the day they hadnt noticed!!haha!!
xx

It has taken me a loss of 5st 8lbs to notice that am losing weight. Despite my clothes being larger. It's all mental and individual.

Thanks for the replies it makes intresting reading. I think the media and celebrities go a long way in distorting our views on what is thin and fat. For example I read an article by Cheryl Cole in Vouge where she said she went on an emergancy diet because she felt she was to fat at 5'3 and 9 and a half stone despite that being a healthy bmi for her. I'm only 5'1 but to be 9 and a half stone would be amazing. I'm naturally curvy and even when I reach my goal I still want to be curvy But the media create an image that healthy is to weigh 7 stone whitch makes me sad especially when I see my little 7 year old cousin who is a perfectly healthy weight already thinking she is fat because of the image her favourite popstars put out there. Maby we get so used to seeing ourselves a certain way its harder to notice the differences in ourselves. I was also wondering about the thing people keep calling natural weight? Such as when someones weight loss stops they say mayby its because they have reached their natural weight? Anyway thanks again for the replies so far and I look forward to reading other peoples thoughts on the matter xxx

I do think our brains take longer than we'd like them to... so it's very individual.
I can see a difference now, but that doesn't mean I like the 'after' lol. I tried on a couple of blouses today that I want to get into, one fits the other will be a fair bit of time till it fits. :) But it was nice knowing I'll get there and when I do I'll 'see the improvement.

Keep going and clock the changes when they happen! :D

Back