How long before . . .

This may seem a daft question, and probably the answers will start with "it all depends . . .", but I was wondering how long it is before any overindulgence shows up as weight gain?

If I had a big boozy lunch and hit the chocolate on weigh-in day, would it show on the scales that day, the following day, or when?

What do you think?

I think it 'could' show on the scales at weigh in but only as the food would be heavy in your stomach, not as you had put on pounds of fat. it wouldn't show on your body until the next week but if you then got straight back on track chances are you would lose anyway.

Hi not entirly sure about this hun, i know that if you eat lots then go to wi it will still be sitting heavy in your stomach but not sure how long the fat process or anything takes xx

Purely guessing...Id say it could well show on the scales, Im always extra careful on weigh-in day.

A few months ago I was out for dinner the night before weigh-in & someone said they believe it usually shows 2 days after...but mine seemed to show the next day right in time for my class :(

Food stays in your tum for yonks, some stuff takes longer to digest than others, beef for example can stay in your system for weeks whilst the veg you have with it digests.

Fruit digests quickly, but certain types of melon don't.

Food is weird man. really wierd. When I first started dieting I didn't realise how much I would learn about how food works. That Maureen Bramwell Thingybobber is a genius (though I would really love to see her full length picture, has anyone ever seen it?)

Maureen Bramwell Thingybobber! Woman with wavy layers whose face in in the front of all our books looking very very very rich indeed.

Genius she is for working this plan out.

She'll be even richer now they are expanding to the USA! Lucky USA!

This may seem a daft question, and probably the answers will start with "it all depends . . .", but I was wondering how long it is before any overindulgence shows up as weight gain?

If I had a big boozy lunch and hit the chocolate on weigh-in day, would it show on the scales that day, the following day, or when?

What do you think?

This has me worried, are you planning an over indulgence or have you already taken part in one?
If you are planning one, just work extras into your syns, do EE for a day and you should be ok. If its already happened and you are worrying, there is no point worrying, its done, so put it behind you and get back on plan now and redeem what you can. It's no good thinking you can get away with much cos you cann't, it will eventually come back and bite you.

No, I haven't been on a binge, honestly! Nor am I thinking of one - well, actually, that's not true, I quite often THINK of one!

I was just curious.

That Maureen Bramwell Thingybobber is a genius (though I would really love to see her full length picture, has anyone ever seen it?)

:D Your post did make me giggle!!

Margaret Miles-Bramwell has been seen full length...... Have a look at the pic of your consultant at your group, is there a pic of her with MMB? We have one of ours with her and she's full length, wavey haired and looking rich (and not fat.....!!)

PS agreed, she is a genius!

Haha really?! Thin and rich eh? What I wouldn't give!!!!!

One day, oh yes one day!!!

In that case, Margaret Miles Bramwell (aka Thingybobber), I salute thee! :kissass::kissass::kissass: :kissass:

:D Your post did make me giggle!!

Margaret Miles-Bramwell has been seen full length...... Have a look at the pic of your consultant at your group, is there a pic of her with MMB? We have one of ours with her and she's full length, wavey haired and looking rich (and not fat.....!!)

PS agreed, she is a genius!

Back