How long can you do 100% TFR Lipotrim for?

Moonagedaydream

I know this was explained to me and I need to speak to the pharmacist again, but how long is it safe to stay on 100% TFR Lipotrim? Do people do it for a period, then do refeed and return to 100% TFR again to bring their weight down further?

I'm asking because I am thinking about how long it may take me to get down to a good weight and whether it is safe to stay on this for that long.

Will doing a few TFRs with refeed time inbetween be safe and allow me to continue until all the surplus unhealthy weight is gone?

I am still not thinking too far ahead at the moment but this is a concern for me.

Hi Moonagedaydream

Looking at your statistics, I'd guess you maybe want to get down to 10st?? If so then you have 10lb less than I have to lose and I'm staying on it until I lose all the weight. There are people who have been on this diet for 8 or 10 months, we won't need that long but I reckon to lose around 5st will take a good 4 - 4.5 months (based on 1st a month loss which is what they say) plus the usual higher loss in week 1. I'd say you're very safe to stay on this diet until you reach your desired weight.

Hope this helps a bit.

I am hoping I can manage to lose around 1 stone a month (obviously I would love more than that - wouldn't we all?!) so yes, I suppose it will take about 4 months.

I keep getting people asking me how long I am going to do it - as if it is really dangerous to stay on this in the longer term. One person seemed to talk as if they expect me to stop this now - I've only just started and got used to it! If I continue to lose weight at a steady rate I could be down to a decent weight in 4 months.

I'm concerned that I enjoy just doing shakes and not having to eat food. I can think about other things and not worry about food as all my choice is taken away. It is actually having the choice and having to make good choices/portion control that worry me about going back on the food. Its easier for me to give food up totally than to eat healthily is my fear. I have to see that this is just my fear - not the truth. I can learn to eat healthily and well.

Hi moon I'm on day 98 and plan to stay on this diet till I get down to my goal weight. I feel fine in myself but like you I worry bout having to eat healthy and whether I can keep it up I like this diet cos I don't have to think about what to eat everything is simple for me.

I'm an all or nothing person so this diet suits me obviously as I would otherwise be enjoying a sensible portion controlled diet but as I was out of control and had no chance, I'm doing Lipotrim. Use the time you're on this diet to think about food, your habits, different combinations of food that could be low fat healthy and tasty too and also some quick meals that can be thrown together to avoid heading for the nearest take away. Learn all about yourself, your habits with food and why you've ended up having to do this diet and then plan, plan, plan how you're going to ensure you don't end up on it again!!

This is what I intend to do and I'm already getting some good ideas.

Back