How long can you go?

Slinkydawg

Silver Member
Without weighing?

I'm one of those who weighs daily, or even several times a day, and today I've decided to give it up. I'm fed up of seeing a number I don't like every morning and letting that dictate how well I behave throughout that day. I've not weighed myself today and I've got my hubby to hide the scales tonight.

Who's joining me?

I did the Dukan diet for two weeks ending last week and I started weighing myself every day and it's a habit I dont think I can break now!

If I got my OH to hide my scales I may never get them back lol but id like to get back into the habit of only weighing myself twice a week at the most!

I've actually been really good this week- I haven't stepped on any scales since last tuesday's weigh in!

I went six months without weighing at all - doing it from home. :)

I went six months without weighing at all - doing it from home. :)

totally off topic- but omg you beat my score on pancake tosser?

oh you are so on!!! :p

I weigh in once a week. I'm so tempted to do more, but I know I would be disappointed by any daily fluctuations, so I try and be good!

Depends on how good I think I have been ;) if I have been good I tend to not bother, but if I have been bad I start to panic the closer it gets to weigh in. Then I am obsessive on the scales and have even resorted to weighing my own clothes to find the lightest possible option!! :)

I to can relate to weighing cloths lol, I used to step on the scales morning, lunch after having a wee and going to bad, if i did not like what I saw then that would ruin my day and end up eating what I like.

Now I weigh on the Monday morning at home and then go to the meeting in the evening (can't go to the meeting with not knowing lol)

I've found it hard to stay away from the scales and have been averaging at once a day. (I started two weeks ago.) My hubby has suggested that I have a mid week weigh at home and then wait until group with the hope that I can go a full week without weighing at home eventually! I think it's all about gaining confidence in the plan. If I'm doing it right then I shouldn't be worried about group weigh in! :)

I know that serial scale hoping just messes with my head and my mood so the only scales I use are once a week at class. It really isn't worth the upset for me so I steer clear of the ones at home. I have been known to be one them every time I nip to the loo

I decided at the beginning of this that I would only weigh in at group, if I saw I had a gain on the day of weigh in I probably wouldn't go and that threw me off the wagon last time, this is it for life now for me and I hope it'll just need to be once a fortnight when I'm at target.

As long as possible... I generally do my best to avoid scales so the weekly weigh at class is always a terrifying thought :bolt:

I weigh everyday at different times and get fed up with what I see but I just can't not look!!
But only ever count my slimming world weigh in as my guide!!
Need to get rid of the scales I think!

I used to weigh several times a day when I lived at my parents but refused to take the scales with me when I left. I went over on Sunday last week (the day before weigh in) and was severely disappointed that I had out on 1lb. Went to weigh in last night and had lost 4lb so just proved to me that serial weighing is no good for me! :)

I've stopped weighing every day - last week i made it six days lol. Yesterday was weigh in and this week i'm determined i'm not getting on until next Monday :) How long have you all gone? I'd love to not weigh in for weeks / months but think i need it to keep me on focus x

Back