How long did people stay in induction?

erin87

I've completed my 2 week induction and plan to stay in this phase for at least another 2 weeks. (8lbs down so far :D)

Just wondering how long everybody here stayed induction and what phases people are in now...

Helloooo

I have just started week 5 on induction. I intend to stay on it til I am within about a stone of my goal weight, so another 1 stone and 12lb to go!!

I have been extrmely lucky in that I havnt had any cravings for bad stuff, I havnt knowingly strayed off the plan for the whole 4 weeks, and I have actually found it quite easy so far. Hope the next 2-3 months is as easy!!

Wow, I'm impressed. I would like to stay on induction for as long as possible. To get to within 7lbs of my goal weight and then slowly start to introduce more carbs. Another 20lbs to go!

This forum has been a lifesaver, so many good stories and ways of maximising my 20g carb allowance. I probably would have strayed by now if it wasn't for MiMs!!

To those who are maintaining, how many carbs do you eat per day?

Hi! I am in my second week on induction. I plan to stay on it until I am closer to my goal. I am loving this way of eating! My daughter told me to quit "strutting" today when I was walking into a store. Haha

Lol a new found confidence already?!

How much have you lost?

Well, I'm not suppose to weigh until Sunday, but I snuck a peek on the scales this morning and it was 10 pounds! I'm sooooooooo excited!! :)

Wow! well done, I was hoping for double figures, but maybe that will come in week 3 :)

Here's to a speedy slim down...

I stayed on induction for 6 months, then moved to owl for 4 months, 3 months premaintenance and now on maintenance. Atkins strongly suggests you move throught the phases so that you can learn how you tolerate carbs, what any trigger foods might be and what your critical carbs levels are to maintain and lose. He really stresses this - it's all to make sure that you dont put it all back on when you get to goal:)

Wow, I'm impressed. I would like to stay on induction for as long as possible. To get to within 7lbs of my goal weight and then slowly start to introduce more carbs. Another 20lbs to go!

This forum has been a lifesaver, so many good stories and ways of maximising my 20g carb allowance. I probably would have strayed by now if it wasn't for MiMs!!

To those who are maintaining, how many carbs do you eat per day?
My CCLM is 70g per day... usually avergaed over the week, tend to be less during the week & mmore at the weekends but I am one of the higher levels!!

Back