How long does it usually take to lose first bit of weight?

BecHahns

Hi, I'm nearly a week into my diet and so far I don't seem to have changed in weight. My calorie intake has drastically changed from what I was eating before and I'm really sticking to it religiously, so I'm just wondering how long it usually takes to lose the first pound or so?

Thanks!
x

Hi...im finding the same,on my own scales I dont appear to have lost anything,my weigh in is on Tuesday morning..Ill be upset if its not at least 2 pounds..as said above itl probably show the week after if not x

Just wait abit longer.

When your counting calaries, make sure your also checking, fat content, salt, sugar etc etc.

Try and excersize every day and you will lose weight, sounds simple but its easy to preach, but really hard to actually live by these rules

Just wait abit longer.

When your counting calaries, make sure your also checking, fat content, salt, sugar etc etc.

Try and excersize every day and you will lose weight, sounds simple but its easy to preach, but really hard to actually live by these rules

Yeah I'm making sure to check fat content in things too, trying not to buy things that are over 3g of fat per 100g . Exercise is my main weakness, I just don't have time! Thanks for the advice.

Hey,

Usually you should have a good loss the first week. However, it depends not just on the calories that you are taking in but also the fat content/sugar etc

Also - are you exercising? Im currently exercising 4/5 times a week for at least 30-45 mins to lose the weight faster (because I cant deal with losing weight slowly, it de-motivates me! lol)

X

Hello!

Don't worry! If you are sticking to your kcals and you are having a balanced diet then you will lose the weight. How fast it comes off depends on a few things....

If you have a lot of weight to loose (several st) then you should find you have a good first couple of weeks. If you only have a little to loose then it will take longer to come off

If you suddenly, drastically up your exercise or drop your food intake your body will be shocked into clinging on to energy (fat and sugar) because it thinks its going to starve. I was doing well with my loss a few months ago then started a really high energy training session and i didnt loose a single lb for about 3 weeks!

There are also other factors like water retention (drink more water to combat this btw) and hormonal things.

Just dont worry. Don't expect to be getting the kind of losses in your first week as they do on the biggest loser etc! That just cant happen in the real world.

Keep at it and you will be at goal in no time!! Looking forward to hearing how you have gotten on!!

Kate x

I have had no time to exercise so far, save walking into town for an hour or so. But I have also been keeping my calorie content pretty low. I used myfitnesspal to calculate what my intake should be if I did NO exercise at all (and I have been doing at least some...) and it said about 1200 so I'm sticking to around that.

x

Back