1. Dismiss Notice
  2. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

How long does sw rice pud keep?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by prettykins, 30 July 2014 Social URL.

1. prettykins

prettykins Well-Known Member

Hi

I made some Sw rice pudding on Monday and made way too much, so I now have a massive tub in the fridge.
    Does anyone know how long it's safe to keep it for? I've heard rice can be a bit funny with being reheated etc

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Well-Known Member

Yep you do have to reheat rice well as you can get food poisoning if it's not hot when reheated.

Generally I keep things 3 days then bin it, but it's up to you, was the milk fresh that you used?

4. prettykins

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I used fresh milk , will be 3 days tomor so will prob throw it out and make less next time :) x

5. Happy Holidays

I know SW isn't about weighing but I usually weigh my rice, pasta & couscous just so I don't have any waste;)

6. prettykins

I'll definately weigh next time because I wasted loads lol x

7. muppsy

muppsy Well-Known Member

Hi, would you mid sharing your rice pudding recipe ? Thanks

8. prettykins

Hi muppsy

I didn't really use a recipe ( I probably should next time!). I just guestimated the amounts. I used aborio rice as couldn't find any pudding rice, and it works just as well. I boiled the kettle and added that, kept it boiling for a few mins, then simmering for about 20 mins. Also added a small amount of milk, and about a teaspoon of vanilla essence, and some candarel.
    There's loads of recipes around for Sw rice pud if you google it x

9. Mrs Mc

Mrs Mc Well-Known Member

I remember there was a recipe where you boiled rice and mixed in a syn free yoghurt too? Does anyone have a recipe for that?

Thanks

10. Happy Holidays

SW now consider pudding rice made with water as a tweak, I did have it this morning though for breakie!!! I just used pudding rice, added sweetener, water & then boiled until cooked & added a ff yogurt to make it taste better.;)

11. muppsy

muppsy Well-Known Member

Great thanks, I'm going to try make it again this eve and hopefully it'll taste nice ?

12. tracey83

tracey83 Well-Known Member

I make it by boiling pudding rice in diet cream soda, adding a little vanilla essence and mixing in ff vanilla yoghurt once it's cooled, it's actually really nice!

13. blue_72

blue_72 Member

Always salivate when someone says they make this with diet cream soda. Nowhere near me seems to sell it though :(