How long does sw rice pud keep?

prettykins

Hi

I made some Sw rice pudding on Monday and made way too much, so I now have a massive tub in the fridge.
Does anyone know how long it's safe to keep it for? I've heard rice can be a bit funny with being reheated etc

Thanks x

Yep you do have to reheat rice well as you can get food poisoning if it's not hot when reheated.

Generally I keep things 3 days then bin it, but it's up to you, was the milk fresh that you used?

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I used fresh milk , will be 3 days tomor so will prob throw it out and make less next time :) x

Hi, would you mid sharing your rice pudding recipe ? Thanks

Hi muppsy

I didn't really use a recipe ( I probably should next time!). I just guestimated the amounts. I used aborio rice as couldn't find any pudding rice, and it works just as well. I boiled the kettle and added that, kept it boiling for a few mins, then simmering for about 20 mins. Also added a small amount of milk, and about a teaspoon of vanilla essence, and some candarel.
There's loads of recipes around for Sw rice pud if you google it x

I remember there was a recipe where you boiled rice and mixed in a syn free yoghurt too? Does anyone have a recipe for that?

Thanks

I remember there was a recipe where you boiled rice and mixed in a syn free yoghurt too? Does anyone have a recipe for that?

Thanks

SW now consider pudding rice made with water as a tweak, I did have it this morning though for breakie!!! I just used pudding rice, added sweetener, water & then boiled until cooked & added a ff yogurt to make it taste better.;)

I make it by boiling pudding rice in diet cream soda, adding a little vanilla essence and mixing in ff vanilla yoghurt once it's cooled, it's actually really nice!

Back