Attack How long on attack !!!

blondie29

Hi starting my Attack tomorrow. I have chicken, steak and eggs is the ok?

Its no fruit or veg in this phase am i right ? Nor lamb or pork?

How long do u do attack for? I want to lose 2 stone so 28lbs x x

There are some sticky threads of FAQ that would help to read, and it's really imperative that you have the book to get more info! The dukan diet website also calculates how long each phase should be without charging you :)

Chicken, steak and eggs sound ok but look at the recipe threads to vary it a bit :)

Good luck x

Thanks for your reply, i do have the book but it say 5-10 days so wandered what everyone else did.. I did use the website and it says 6 days so il try that :)

Ho blondie, I'm using the book and try not to mix book and Internet as the net has loooooads of stuff the book doesn't and I need routine so I just follow the book :) I done ten days and lost 8 pound wohooo the book says if you have more than 40 pound to loose and are well enough to continue for ten then do it, so it's up to u how long you do it for :) hope that helps x

Brilliant thanks for that i will do the same and just use the book then :)

Well done on your weight loss thats great news :))

Thank you :) was well chuffed! Wee pointer if u doing ten days and stay same weight for 2 then move on to cruise it's unlikely you will loose more on attack do get stick into veg lol I have every faith you will do well :) x

I would not recommend doing attack for 10 days. I had an awful lot to lose and was only recommended 6 days. Your body needs veg! If memory serves me correct the book recommends doing the questionnaire on the website to find out how long your own attack should be.

Let us know what you decide :) I can try give pointers I actually was fine on the ten x

Jan just because you were fine on ten days it doesnt mean that everyone will be... the book tells you to caculate the period needed on attack from the official website ... doing attack longer is not beneficial and its really not helpfull to new members to say you you were fine.... if they struggle then they are more likely to give up than if they did the shorter period advised

im not trying to be mean .... we have all been new at one point and needing advice which this place is amazing for.... the books also have dispcrepencies which more experianced members point out .... thats why we have the FAQ sticky thread at the top to try and help new ppl chose the correct path on their journey. the most important thing is to actually to the set out questionaire on the official dukan website which tells you your true weight that you can sustain & the legnth of attack. not everyone finds it easy so no point doing more than needed ;)

The book does say that the more you need to lose, the longer you can do attack. But when you think that this statement is directed at everyone reading the book, 'the more you need to lose' is very vague. 2st is alot to lose, but not as much as 10st or 15st. Someone currently weighing 40st could be reading the book, the 10 days is more aimed at that end of the scale. I have 4.5st to lose and the website says 6 days. I'm on day 2 of attack and I really really really want a nice big salad with my steak tonight!!!! I was originally going to do 7 days attack to make it a nice round week, but I think by day 6 I'll be ready for my veggies :)

Thanks everyone, ive been online ans it says 6 days, planning to get shop sorted now for the wkend and start :)) very nervous but needs must.

Ive loat 2 stone since Jan ao its been really slow but i know need to speed it up. Id love to lose 2-3 stone altogether and as much as possible in 6 wks before my holiday....

Id appreciate any pointers from jan etc they will much needed.

Thanks guys x x

Good luck Blondie - loads of people here to help you. No one needs to get upset - often things we type can come accross wrong and put peoples nose out of joint - everyones point of view teaches us something! Glad you have the offical attack time calculated on the website - good luck with your journey - it really is the most amazing diet! x

Great advice girls - quite aside from the potential boredom at the outset of the diet with an unduly long attack period, your intestines won't thank you! ;) <sorry to lower the tone, but it's true!!>

As most of us old timers know, the book was written several years ago (many years ago actually in French) and has been updated to an extent, but he regularly updates his advice on the internet. Overly lengthy attack periods aren't recommended.

Good luck!

Back