Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How long to drop a dress size?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dinosaur, 5 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

I'm in my 5th week of SS and have lost 23 lb's, and have gone from a tight size 18 to a comfy size 18.

How long did it take others to drop their first dress size. I was hoping to be in a size 16 for the end of March, but I'm doubting whether I'll be able to do it, as I've not lost that much size despite loosing a stone and a half?

So can I get down to a 16 in 4 weeks?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was wondering that i think it also depends on your height!!!! I was a 24 and just getting back into some of my larger size 22s and have lost a stone.....

4. esmeotto

esmeotto Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was in a tight 22 when I started, then managed to get into some smaller 22 jeans that didn't fit after a week. I'm currently wearing a pair of size 18's from tesco and I think they may run large, but hey I'm not complaining :D.

5. soule

soule Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    All of a sudden you will drop a size. I was a tight 24 when i started and it seemed to take forever to get into 22's but now all of a sudden 20's are getting to big and i've not been in them long. Keep at it you'll be in 16's before you no it. x x

6. fat in the jing

fat in the jing as happy as a lark!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I found that it took 2 stone to move me from a size 24 to a size 22. Then another 2 stone to take me from there to a size 18. But then only half a stone to a size 16 and another half a stone to a size 14.....

....I guess it just depends on the person. I know someone who is a stone and a half heavier than me, shorter than me and in a size smaller than me....:confused:

I reckon, if you can get a stone off by the end of March, a 16 shouldn't be a problem.

7. Mumof2girls

Mumof2girls Full Member

I am only in my 3rd week, lost about a stone to date. I was in size 20s when I started and am already in size 18s. I'm 5'7 if that matters.

8. Emm28

Emm28 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    too bloomin long :D

9. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

Thanks everyone.

I'll stick at it and if I can lose another stone by the end of March (4 weeks) then hopfully I'll see some movement in size.

10. Catito

Catito Full Member

I think it depends on what body shape you are too. I'm carrying most weigh around my tum and I'm still in the same size trousers I started in despite losing 2 stone. They are a lot looser though but size 18 is still too tight. I've gone down 2 sizes in a top though. :)

11. suemal

suemal Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've gone from 22/20 to 14/16/18 in 7 1/2 weeks.Ithink it deepends were you buy your clothes from.

12. eatlessweighless

eatlessweighless Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I've lost 2 stone altogether, and I haven't dropped a size yet! I posted last week about my depression regarding clothes shopping, I can't keep my old size 16 trousers up, yet I couldn't get any past my knees in the shops!

I have lost loads of inches too, and I look slimmer, so hopefully it will all just drop off at the same time.

Good luck and keep us posted, I daren't go shopping again until I'm confident I can get into at least a 16, its too disheartening!

Theresa x

13. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well i am 5'2
    at 12 stone i was wearing 16/18s
    at 11 stone i was in 12/14s
    at 10stone in 10/12s
    my target is 9stone and that MIGHT mean 8s : )

14. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

I'm 5'7" and was in size 18's at 15 stone, ize 18's at 14 stone, am curently 13stone 7 and STILL in a size 18.

I guess I'll have to be 12 stone something to stand any chance of being a size 16. It's just that I go away at the end of the month and all my summer clothes are in a 16 and I can't afford/be bothered to go out and buy loads of size 18 summer bits that I'll only need for 2 weeks.

I guess I'll have to do some situp's and jogging again, and hope that does the trick!

15. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I do think it is to do with height....I am just under 6ft :eek: and its been said that if you are taller you can carry weight better....however I am finding that its a couple of stones per dress size when shrinking......what doesn't help is the confusing/differing sizes from shop to shop.
    I am currently 18st 2lbs and a size 18 on top and an 18/20 on the bottom!
    In theory (following the pattern) I may be a size 16 at 16st, size 14 at 14st (my goal weight and size)
    I follow the BMI out of curiosity...however the charts say 13st will put me at BMI approx 25......I'll see how I feel when I get to goal?
    X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.