How long to drop a dress size?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dinosaur, 5 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

I'm in my 5th week of SS and have lost 23 lb's, and have gone from a tight size 18 to a comfy size 18.

How long did it take others to drop their first dress size. I was hoping to be in a size 16 for the end of March, but I'm doubting whether I'll be able to do it, as I've not lost that much size despite loosing a stone and a half?

So can I get down to a 16 in 4 weeks?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was wondering that i think it also depends on your height!!!! I was a 24 and just getting back into some of my larger size 22s and have lost a stone.....

4. esmeotto

esmeotto Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was in a tight 22 when I started, then managed to get into some smaller 22 jeans that didn't fit after a week. I'm currently wearing a pair of size 18's from tesco and I think they may run large, but hey I'm not complaining :D.

5. soule

soule Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    All of a sudden you will drop a size. I was a tight 24 when i started and it seemed to take forever to get into 22's but now all of a sudden 20's are getting to big and i've not been in them long. Keep at it you'll be in 16's before you no it. x x

6. fat in the jing

fat in the jing as happy as a lark!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I found that it took 2 stone to move me from a size 24 to a size 22. Then another 2 stone to take me from there to a size 18. But then only half a stone to a size 16 and another half a stone to a size 14.....

....I guess it just depends on the person. I know someone who is a stone and a half heavier than me, shorter than me and in a size smaller than me....:confused:

I reckon, if you can get a stone off by the end of March, a 16 shouldn't be a problem.

7. Mumof2girls

Mumof2girls Full Member

I am only in my 3rd week, lost about a stone to date. I was in size 20s when I started and am already in size 18s. I'm 5'7 if that matters.

8. Emm28

Emm28 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    too bloomin long :D

9. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

Thanks everyone.

I'll stick at it and if I can lose another stone by the end of March (4 weeks) then hopfully I'll see some movement in size.

10. Catito

Catito Full Member

I think it depends on what body shape you are too. I'm carrying most weigh around my tum and I'm still in the same size trousers I started in despite losing 2 stone. They are a lot looser though but size 18 is still too tight. I've gone down 2 sizes in a top though. :)

11. suemal

suemal Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I've gone from 22/20 to 14/16/18 in 7 1/2 weeks.Ithink it deepends were you buy your clothes from.

12. eatlessweighless

eatlessweighless Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.78%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I've lost 2 stone altogether, and I haven't dropped a size yet! I posted last week about my depression regarding clothes shopping, I can't keep my old size 16 trousers up, yet I couldn't get any past my knees in the shops!

I have lost loads of inches too, and I look slimmer, so hopefully it will all just drop off at the same time.

Good luck and keep us posted, I daren't go shopping again until I'm confident I can get into at least a 16, its too disheartening!

Theresa x

13. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well i am 5'2
    at 12 stone i was wearing 16/18s
    at 11 stone i was in 12/14s
    at 10stone in 10/12s
    my target is 9stone and that MIGHT mean 8s : )

14. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

I'm 5'7" and was in size 18's at 15 stone, ize 18's at 14 stone, am curently 13stone 7 and STILL in a size 18.

I guess I'll have to be 12 stone something to stand any chance of being a size 16. It's just that I go away at the end of the month and all my summer clothes are in a 16 and I can't afford/be bothered to go out and buy loads of size 18 summer bits that I'll only need for 2 weeks.

I guess I'll have to do some situp's and jogging again, and hope that does the trick!

15. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I do think it is to do with height....I am just under 6ft :eek: and its been said that if you are taller you can carry weight better....however I am finding that its a couple of stones per dress size when shrinking......what doesn't help is the confusing/differing sizes from shop to shop.
    I am currently 18st 2lbs and a size 18 on top and an 18/20 on the bottom!
    In theory (following the pattern) I may be a size 16 at 16st, size 14 at 14st (my goal weight and size)
    I follow the BMI out of curiosity...however the charts say 13st will put me at BMI approx 25......I'll see how I feel when I get to goal?
    X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.