How Long

bert Black

Hi every body nearly finished my first week and i feel like am doing well. Am a very picky eater and i was worried that i would find it hard but going strong, any way to my point its not the weight am looking at for results but am looking for the visual results and i was just wandering how long did it take people to notice a difference around how much weight loss and time frame? Thanks

I dropped my first dress size about 10lbs in, but the next one after a stone. I think the visibility depends on the way you carry weight. I felt my clothes start to loosen after the first 1/2 stone. I'm still not sure I see a difference but the clothes are getting smaller on the labels. :)

I think it depends on how much weight you have to lose starting off.
I didn't see much difference until I'd lost 2 stone or more and even then it wouldn't have been noticeable to other people. But then with the last stone off every pound showed up and made a difference to how I looked.

mine was a stone, it goes in my face and tummy, i can even see i look different, and a whole dress size aswell x

In the past, I've found mine has always been arround every stone except for the 3rd stone. Shame I've put that 3rd stone back on over the last six months cause I took my eye off the ball :eek:(

TBH if it wasn't for the change in clothes sizes and people commenting I'm not sure I would have actually noticed! But then in my case it took 7 months to loose 2 stone so it was very gradual. Having said that now when I look in the mirror I know my waist is much smaller. And I love being in a size 12 after having been in a size 20 at one point.

i can't say i notice myself much but other people started noticing about the stone mark and i dropped a dress size at about a stone but my clothes did feel loser after half stone.

i'm a very picky eater and i've found ways to make sure i'm eating right. i do try more now and often find i like it but still don't eat them often even though i like it because i've told myself for so long i didn't like it.
keep it up hun first thing u notice is u start to feel better then your clothes feel loose then u drop a dress size

I dropped my first dress size about 10lbs in, but the next one after a stone. I think the visibility depends on the way you carry weight. I felt my clothes start to loosen after the first 1/2 stone. I'm still not sure I see a difference but the clothes are getting smaller on the labels. :)

Just wondering if you had any pics of your progress? Sorry if this is a little off the topic but you're my height and started about the same weight as me so just a little curious.

i've been doing it for 3 weeks and have lost 12lbs but have loads to lose. i did notice my face looked a bit thinner the other day (only got 2 chins now lol) and when i was trying on new clothes last night to wear for a party tonight my mum and sister both said they could tell already that i'd lost a bit from around my waist so i'm quite chuffed cos i thought i'd need to lose about 2-3 stone before you could see but then they know i'm doing SW so it'd probably be a while yet before any who doesn't know notices it x

i've been doing it for 3 weeks and have lost 12lbs but have loads to lose. i did notice my face looked a bit thinner the other day (only got 2 chins now lol) and when i was trying on new clothes last night to wear for a party tonight my mum and sister both said they could tell already that i'd lost a bit from around my waist so i'm quite chuffed cos i thought i'd need to lose about 2-3 stone before you could see but then they know i'm doing SW so it'd probably be a while yet before any who doesn't know notices it x

Sometimes having more to lose can also help it show. Don't feel you'll have to wait for the difference because you'll feel better as well as look better. Being comfortable in your clothes and healthier in your lifestyle is a huge perk of this healthy eating plan @_

It varies quite a lot from person to person, I usually notice around the time group members are getting to their Club 10 though, I honestly do, I can usually tell when someone is getting near to that award ~ I do the weigh-ins at my group mind you, so I'm seeing people every week standing on the scales!

I think it's great seeing people achieve their goals, bit by bit, week by week, month by month! The look on people's faces can say it all! Sometimes the number on the scales doesn't actually co-incide with when you notice the difference either! The difference can just as easily be in the person's self-confidence, and attitude ...... a new, more flattering, modern hairdo, a bit of lippy, or a new colour of eye-shaddow .... they just feel so much better, and actually WANT to look their best!

However, I'd say that every 1/2lb counts! It all adds up! I used to keep trying on clothes I had in the wardrobe, the next size down, looking back at any "before" pictures I could find, looking in the mirror, taking my measurements .... all those things can really help to boost you along your weightloss journey road! Best o'luck'n'stuff! Stick with the plan, and you WILL get there!

Ive lost 1stone 9lbs and to be honest cant tell a blind bit of difference! My jeans feel slightly looser that's about it. Other people have said they can see the difference but i cant! lol

last time i started to noitce at about 13lbs when i got out of the 10stones and its the 9's everything seemed different although i have went from 10.10 to 10.7 this week i have a pair of shorts and they are already too big. i did buy them with a little room in at a size 14 and to be honest as they were getting less and less roomier thats when i realised i needed to take charge of my weight. i wore them today and i needed to wear a belt to get them to stay up since they were dropping round my ankles before i left this morning. brill feeling

I think it can vary so much depending on how much you have to lose etc I have a lot to lose so it took a while at first but now it seems to be more noticable with each couple of lb etc also I have introduced some exercise which I think is helping to tone things up and make it more noticable.
Have patience and stick at it and Im sure the rewards will start showing soon! :)

For me, nothing seemed to happen for a while, so it must have been gradual, and then rapid. I went from a size 16, though I didn't own any size 16's but my 14's were too tight so I must have been, to a size 10, and had some size 12's I never yet got in to, and then they were too big!

Just wondering if you had any pics of your progress? Sorry if this is a little off the topic but you're my height and started about the same weight as me so just a little curious.

Hiya, I have some before pictures, but I would need to take a few current pictures, I'll get round to doing it maybe tomorrow (when I'm not birthday celebrating :) ).

Hiya, I have some before pictures, but I would need to take a few current pictures, I'll get round to doing it maybe tomorrow (when I'm not birthday celebrating :) ).

Ohhh happy birthday! :) The pics would be awesome :)

Kikikisses, the photos are posted in the before and after thread. :) Theyre not great, but hopefully they give you an idea of how's its worked so far for me. :)

Back