How mad is this...?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by eddiesmum2002, 6 July 2010 Social URL.

1. eddiesmum2002

eddiesmum2002 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(24.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I just added up last thursdays 'points' - I was actually doing slimming world, and eating my free food etc as normal, was actually a 'good' day for me as I'd only had 5 syns!
    Ready for it...
    Points value for the day?....

55 :eek: How amazing is that. PROBABLY more actually as I've guestimated some of them as I don't yet have access to a directory, but I reckon i've been kind if anything. Thats why i've been plateauing, I've been having nearly 3 days worth of points in one day!

I've been tempted to do this for a while, but now I've done it, just how mad is that. xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Scals

Scals Got to do it this time

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    WOW!!!!! that's mad - diets are sooooooooo different!!!!

4. maclynn

maclynn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    hi, like you, done sw for a while, with good results, but, stayed the same for ages, changed to ww and have been weighin and measureing everything, doing activity points, and boy have i been shocked when i've compared some of the portion sizes.!!!!

5. eddiesmum2002

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(24.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Same maclynn!
    Plateau has lasted 6 almost 7 weeks!
    Portion sizes do differ its harder on weight watchers you do have to compromise hunger for weight loss more but so far so good :) day 2 within points and lovin it xxxx

6. Riotgrrrrl

Riotgrrrrl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Cor thats mental! Ive never done slimming world, as Im naturally greedy - I know Id eat too much. 55 points blimey, I dont think Ive had that many even when I go on a bender!

Im glad youre enjoying WW and look forward to hearing about all your losses - it worked brilliantly for me for a while but then I started plateauing which I guess is normal on any diet eventually.

Anyhoo, good luck! xx

7. eddiesmum2002

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(24.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Mad isnt it??? I was so so shocked seriously! But least i understand why I wasnt losing now :) good luck with getting past the plateau... So annoying arent they?? Hats off to us though for
    not giving in
    :) xxxx

8. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh my gosh that's nuts! Just out of curiosity, can I ask what made up that 55 points? I'm not at all familiar with SW!
    Well done on your weight loss so far and good luck with the rest :)

9. eddiesmum2002

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(24.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Well..You get upto four 'healthy extras'
    a day 2 dairy 2 fibre - those alone came to 13 points (cheese!)
    and you get unlimited pasta - i was having 150g dry weight, pasta sauces, 2/3 bananas a day, muller lights sonetimes 3 a day all adds up just felt was grazing constantly
    on 'free' food! So not good. Need portion control evidently lol xx

10. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    I've never pointed my previous sw meals but it wouldnt surprise me if mine ended up like yours eddiesmum, cos I stopped losing on sw and even started putting on weight even though I kept to the plan. It felt like I was constantly eating cos it was 'free', I need the discipline and portion control of ww.

Hats off to those who can lose well on sw and can manage their portions I just couldnt do it

11. eddiesmum2002

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(24.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Snap vanda. First stone took me about 6 weeks but then even after I'd lost that, the same 2 and 3lbs kept dropping & coming back was crazy and made me so disheartened. I tried sas logs, I tried no syns I tried everything in the end I realised that I needed to go back to Weight watchers, it was tried & tested by me personally previously, dont know why ive wasted the last 3 months! GOOD news is I know I can maintain :-D xx

12. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Me too. SW served me well at the beginning and after 9 months I had slowly but surely lost most of the weight I was aiming for. I didn't try converting my daily SW food like you have done but did enter it into myfitnesspal.com calories. i was eating about 1700 calories a day . . perfect for maintaining (hence plateau). I have now converted my days worth of 16 points into calories and it comes out to between 950 and 1100 calories a day. Perfect for losing weight and that is what is happening. However I am now on day 8 and still very very hungry. I allow 1 point for milk, 2 points for fruit, 3 points for breakfast, 4 points for lunch, 4.5 for dinner and 1.5 for treats.( eating tons of mange tout carrots and cucumber to help fill the gap). may go back to SW for maintenance or even do a month of each ????

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.