How many calories do you burn in an hour ?

Kay003

Gold Member
Hi Everyone :)

I just wondered how many calories everyone burns at the gym in an hour ? When I was slimmer I used to burn a lot more, my weight now slows me down but still I try my best. I used to burn 750 cals in an hour when I was slimmer. Since starting SW (after my weight gain) I started at 350 cals an hour. I am 3 weeks into body magic and have increased that to 500 cals an hour as my fitness level is getting better. What do you all burn in an hour roughly ?

Thanks Kay xx

I don't go the gym anymore I tend to run and cycle instead.

In 45 minutes I burn 330 cal cycling and around 500-600 calls running

I don't go the gym anymore I tend to run and cycle instead.

In 45 minutes I burn 330 cal cycling and around 500-600 calls running

Hi James :)

Well done on your losses so far. Thanks for getting back to me. That's great that you can burn up to 600 cals running. I'm not quite there yet, I do light jogging on the treadmill along with rowing and cross trainer. I do some weights now and again. All in all I burn 500 cals at the mo in an hour. As I go down the stones I will aim to increase that. I noted your not following SW, just healthy eating and exercise. As well as doing SW I am also on myfitnesspal and count the calories I eat and burn in the day, to help track my weightloss faster. Are you finding this is working for you ?

Kay x

I haven't counted any calories lol I've basically cut out beers, sugary snacks, butter and cheese, switched to whole meal bread and eating more fish and chicken, I hAve lost 9lb in two weeks, today will be my third weigh in so see how it goes

I have preferred healthy eating to diets as I don't feel so restricted plus I've told myself its going to be a life change so if I do have something abit naughty I'm not too bothered as let's face it, I'm 25 I'm not going to say oh yeah I'm never eating a chippy again lol

9lbs in 2 weeks is fab ! I wish I could have a loss of 4.5lbs each week ! :D . I agree about diets not working. A healthy lifestyle change is all that is needed. I like SW because it encourages that. It's great that you've cut out all the naughty stuff. But yep we all have days where we cave in ! I don't beat myself up about it anymore, I just work harder at the gym so I can eat my favourite foods. Goodluck for your weigh in today. I'm sure it will be another terrific result !

Kay x :)

I've maintained this week, so still 14st10lb bit disappointing but that means work extra hard next week!

I've maintained this week, so still 14st10lb bit disappointing but that means work extra hard next week!

It's great that you STS, at least its not a gain :) . I had a big loss of 5.5 lbs this week. I am happy with that but I also know not every week will give you huge losses so I am expecting to STS next week. I think it will average itself out over the month. I am looking to increase my calories burned to 600 instead of 500 to give my body that extra push. Good luck for next weeks weigh in .

Kay xx

im 20st and would love to go to the gym but so worried ppl will laugh at "the huge fatty" puffing and panting away. I know theres a women only gym near me but am dreading going in, do u think its best to start now or wait til i lose abit first so im not so embarressed?

Start now! No one will laugh and if they to the ate narrow minded so f*** them! Quicker u get going the quicker you start losing

Start now! No one will laugh and if they to the ate narrow minded so f*** them! Quicker u get going the quicker you start losing

Totally agree !!! :D

im 20st and would love to go to the gym but so worried ppl will laugh at "the huge fatty" puffing and panting away. I know theres a women only gym near me but am dreading going in, do u think its best to start now or wait til i lose abit first so im not so embarressed?

Hi, I started when I was 16 stones so still heavy. I found that there were larger ladies at the gym like myself as well as the skinny minnies, but everyone was very supportive and understanding and willing to help and offer advice and tips. I'm so glad I took that first step because I now weigh 13.6 stones and all the body magic has helped along with SW of course ! :p I have also made lots of friends at the gym, in the similar weight range, so we all have the same goals and motivation which really helps keep me on track. I would suggest start by going just 2 days a week and take it from there. I guarantee you will build confidence slowly and start enjoying it. Hope this helps. Best of luck on your weightloss journey .

Kay xx :)

Back