How many calories

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by mommyB, 29 June 2009 Social URL.

1. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    hi, i'm coming to join you for a while. Have been doing ww for what feels likes forever and if i'm honest have been stuck in a bit of a rut for 12 months or so. So its time for a change to shake things up a bit and finally seriously try to shift some of my weight.
    My main problem is finding a reliable way of knowing how many calories to aim for a day. Have found a couple of websites that claim to calculate it for you but have got vastly differing figures (1734 and 1321) so i was thinkig of aiming for around 1500 a day.
    any help or advice on this subject would be really appreciated

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dramatic_Star

Dramatic_Star Calorie Counter

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(18.3%)
    Diet:
    Low calorie
    Websites can give contradicting results & I can imagine this is fustrating. Why not trial 1,500 for a few weeks and see how you get on. If you find you are losing weight at a steady pace then stick to it.

I have around 1,200 & have been losing between 1-3 pounds a week. It is different for everyone.

Congrats on sticking through the 12 months & best of luck with CC.

mommyB likes this.
  4. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    thanks for that, yes think i will aim for 1500 and see how i go .

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.