How many cals does 30 day shred use ??

kerry2008

Hey all ... i am on day 3 of 30 day shred dvd .... had a break yesterday . ( Plan on excercising 2 days with one off and so on ) .

Have trawled the boards and searched but cannot find out how many cals these use ??

Would like to know if i could counter out some syns :D

x

Apparently for those wanting to know ... level 1 is roughly 120 cals = 6 syns =)

120 cals in the whole level 1 stage! id rather do an hour of zumba :p 600 cals!

That doesn't seem a lot. Is it the calories that make the difference or the actual strength and cardio elements? What am tryin to say is it the highest burning calories that gets the best results?

kerry2008 said:
Hey all ... i am on day 3 of 30 day shred dvd .... had a break yesterday . ( Plan on excercising 2 days with one off and so on ) .

Have trawled the boards and searched but cannot find out how many cals these use ??

Would like to know if i could counter out some syns :D

x

If you want a plan where you can earn extra Syns/point through exercise then i'd suggest WW pro points. SW does not build this into the plan.

That doesn't seem a lot. Is it the calories that make the difference or the actual strength and cardio elements? What am tryin to say is it the highest burning calories that gets the best results?

It doesn't seem a lot, but then 30 day shred is really more inch loss focused-people regularly say they lost inches and not pounds.

It doesn't matter how many calories it burns, you cannot count out syns as a result of exercise. As Kingleds said, if you want extras for exercise then WW is the way to go.

Exercise is a bonus, it's good for you and isn't rewarded with extras! You can work towards your body magic awards though.

I c where ppl r coming from with not exercising 4 the sake of gaining back some syns as I have done WW & MFP where this is why u exercise but it jst makes u eat more! Re: cals burned , I use a HRM & usually burn 450ish cals but I suppose it would depend on how for & healthy u r!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Hey thanks for the replys :)

I didnt actully eat 6 extra syns but it helped me to think like id eaten 6 less ... does that make sense lol ...weird i know but if it helps im thinking like that .

Ooooo i havent got a heart rate monitor ... maybe i should invest in one !! and then ill know for sure how much im burning

Thanks guys :D

It should depend on your weight, the heavier you are the harder you work! :)

I've been thinking about giving the shred a try. I cant wait to get in my first goal dress

kerry2008 said:
Apparently for those wanting to know ... level 1 is roughly 120 cals = 6 syns =)

Seriously?! I feel like I'm practically dying for 120 cal......I manage a day and ache for the other 29! I'm going back to walking!!!!!

Charlotteg1988 said:
Seriously?! I feel like I'm practically dying for 120 cal......I manage a day and ache for the other 29! I'm going back to walking!!!!!

I feel the same but it gets easier and after doing day five I feel better for it. Keep at it

My copy of the dvd is in the post as we speak. Really looking forward to it!

I am not v fit but have done shred & use a HRM. I can assure u it burns more then 120cals! I burn jst shy 500 when doin it!

Alycyn1980 said:
I am not v fit but have done shred & use a HRM. I can assure u it burns more then 120cals! I burn jst shy 500 when doin it!

Are HRM good ? I'm tempted to buy one but I wasn't sure how useful they were or how.much to.spend!!

whats HRM?

Back