how many cals?

sarahaglover

Just wondered for those who are cal counting how many you have or do u just go by what my fitness pal says to have?

I try to go by 1400 - 1500. MFP tells me I can have 1900 apparently. But I found before when I have stuck to that then I havent lost anything, so I tend to do the other numbers.

I have always gone by mfp. Recently changed it to say I only wanted to lose 1lb a week cos when it took me down to 1270 I was really hungry. Back up to a max of 1520 now but most days am around 1350. Have you made sure you have filled it in saying what you currently weigh & how much you want to lose else it'll make it quite high

I set MFP to 2lbs a week and it lets me have 1400 cals a day, I try to stick by it, but sometimes go over... usually as long as I'm under 1600 I'm happy enough

Yes I set mfp to 2lbs a week so only allowed 1200 n then anything extra I earn through exercise. Doesn't seem much but I've managed so far x

I set my mfp to 1lb per week from the start. I haven't felt hungry, and lost 28lbs in 12 weeks. I revise it as I lose weight. I started around 1500cals, I'm now allocated about 1350. Barr having a week off this week, it seemed to work well for me at the 1lb a week setting.

Sarah, if you change it to 1.5lbs it will give you more & I think 1200 is hard to stick to although you weigh a fair lot less than me so maybe its easier for you. I also never eat my exercise calories earnt as I know MFP overcalculates & I just figure if I don't eat them I will lose more weight.....

Tried changing it n if I put it down to 1lb a week I get an extra 90 cals a day :-s I might ignore the cals n keep doing my sw but use app for tracking my daily fat. Although.it will annoy me when it tells everyone I've gone over lol

You can set your own calorie goal on mfp by entering your own amount. You could set it to around 1500 for example, which I think you've got to stick to with orlistat whether or not your doing sw as well.

Thanks I've found it now! after talking to my mum she did rosemary conoley so am gonna try that.1200 cals for first 2 weeks, upping to 1400 max after that. Only having no more than 5% fat. Think this is pretty similar to general orlistat rules so gonna do that & see how I go! 1200 a day for just 2 weeks I can handle I think lol x

sarahaglover said:
Thanks I've found it now! after talking to my mum she did rosemary conoley so am gonna try that.1200 cals for first 2 weeks, upping to 1400 max after that. Only having no more than 5% fat. Think this is pretty similar to general orlistat rules so gonna do that & see how I go! 1200 a day for just 2 weeks I can handle I think lol x

I've done RC & it is the perfect diet for orlistat really & it includes exercise x

Back