How Many Do Exercise?

Konvictz

i know most of you loose weight everyweek, which is quite impressive.

but im wondering how exercise + cardio affects your weight loss during slimming world. have you personally noticed a different rate of weight loss?...

I run (ok at the moment it's more of a fast shuffle/walk) but I started that at the same time as I started the diet. I am having good losses though. Although I'm not exercising specifically to help with the weight loss, I want to get healthy and be able to chase my nieces and nephews around without collapsing after 2 mins, and gasping for breath!

I'm following the 5k in 10weeks plan. You start walking with little bursts of running and just build it up.

I usually do a lot of walking but i've had a painful foot so havent been doing so much. Ive just started again yesterday walked 5 miles. I hope to do another 10 miles over the week so hopefully at WI on Thursday i c a better loss

i see...

im tryna think that if i change my diet fully to slimming world i might loose 1 pound a week. but i plan to do high intensity cardio treadmill running 3-4x a week, every week for the rest of the forseable future in my search to find a beach body.

my body doesnt appear to be too fat at first sight, but then i saw this picture of me on facebook at a wierd angle...and boy it looked like i was pregnent (i am a male by the way)...

so hopefully the exercise with slimming world will sort out my body...

I exercise 4 or 5 times a week at the gym(1.5hrs each session).. Mostly on the treadmill and bike so my heart rate is always fairly high. I then move on to a few weights (v.v.small) and tone my arms. I work a little on the gym balls trying to master the art of stomach crunches.....................without trying to fall off!
I was lucky enough that when i joined my gym in February i had the free use of a personal trainer for 12 weeks. He really got me motivated and worked out the best plan for me. I am now going solo and haven't really changed my routine at all. Maybe i should??

My weight losses have been ok. Admittedly they slowed right down during the first few weeks of my 'Body Magic' venture, but i was told that's to be expected. After all, muscle weighs heavier than fat!?!?!?!?!?

If i miss 1 session, or if im feeling overly energetic and add an extra one, i dont tend see a difference at the scales. However, if i miss a complete week (which i have done due to injury or a holiday) then i will stay the same of have a slight gain...
I think my body has become used to burning a fixed amout of calories in a week. I am very happy with how its working out for me.. I am now on my last week of my 'Body Magic' Gold award!!

My losses went from 1 - 1.5lb a week to 3 - 4lbs most weeks since I started exercising. I brought a treadmill and it is great and I thoroughly recommend exercise to help boost your losses.

I'd love to exercise but, due to a disability I can't :(

I lose every week anything between 1-3 lbs but, sometimes I think 'if only I exercised then the weight would come off quicker'

A lady at my group has lost 4 stone in less than a year and she is unable to excercise at all so all her weight loss has just come from food optimising.

I do exercise or try to every day..I have a cross trainer and exercise bike in my garage, so I have started at 1/2 hr or so a day. Unfortunately this week I have been ill and have not exercised at all, so we will see on Monday when I way if it's affected my weight loss...
Lets hope not!!

I only started SW almost two weeks ago, the 1st week I just followed the diet and lost 1.5lb & im not a very active person to be totally truthful but this 2nd week ive been briskly walking a mile everyday so im getting excited about weigh in on Tuesday to see if it makes a difference. Im hoping it does as ive bought some running trainers today & im hoping to build up to jogging on my treadmill :)

I will let you know how I get on on Tuesday :)

A lady at my group has lost 4 stone in less than a year and she is unable to excercise at all so all her weight loss has just come from food optimising.

wow that is pretty amazing, considering she has done no extra exercise.

I've gone from Major Couch Potato to exercising for around 3 hours a week. The first 3-4 weeks it slowed my weghtloss down to practically nothing, but since then I'm back to around 2lbs a week which for me is wonderful! (probably not this week tho as I have wandered off the straight and narrow!)

I try to walk for hour each night with hubby and its a fast walk we do and uphill for about half of it and varying surfaces from road to dirt tracks and fields. In winter I have a treadmill like the ones from gym so use that for hour and do diff programmes that include bit of jog and run and walk and uphill. I find it helps as get better losses on the weeks I stick to it. I plan to get back to swimming too as that fell by wayside due to a prob I hope to have sorted very soon or I will throttle the doc lol

I must admit I am a couch potato but I walk a little more than I used to. I get off a bus stop earlier and walk the extra bit home!
When I was much younger (over 20 years ago)I used to go to gym twice a day, aerobics, overdoing things, as I tend to do until I put my back out, so stopped totally.

My sister-in-law gave me a wonderful idea.
She filled 2 small plastic coke bottles with sand as weights and does gentle exercises but also dances for ages with them. It's fun and helped her lose weight.
I shall be going to the beach to collect some sand today and will give it a bash!

I have always lost without exercise but hope this will give it a boost!

I don't do any excersise but I do loose about 1/2lb a week in sweat just thinking about doing some lol.

Well done you for being active, its got to help towards being healthier.

I've always tried to do some exercise and have been going to the gym for years but I can only manage once a week and then not even every week. It was clearly not enough so I've bought a Wii and some fitness software and I've started exercising at home regularly for about half an hour each day. It's too early to tell how my weight loss is being affected but I've noticed lots of other benefits after only a week and a half. I've got lots more energy and I feel more flexible and agile. Even my bad back seems to be much better.

The benefits of exercise go way beyond weight loss. I'm nearing the big 50 and I was conscious of my body seizing up through inactivity. After only a short time of consistent exercising I'm already feeling fitter and I seem to be getting so much more done in the day despite having to commit half an hour to exercise.

exercise stopping weight loss?, i see...maybe the body is adjusting, dunno.

as above i dont think its just the fat burning properties which are good with exercise. there must be a whole array of other benefits.

i will also be doing weight lifting on my biceps, triceps and working my back and stomach. along with treadmill 3-4x a week.

i hope it works out for me.

impressed with the above poster. exercise definitely seems to have improoved things.

I have a Wii Fit that I use occasionally but will reclaim when the kids go back to school next week. I am also going to go swimming again. I used to do the early bird swim from 7 am and now my youngest is starting high school I dont have to worry about whether or not I'll be home. I need a knee replacement and have difficulty walking far so am very restricted as to what I can do. They keep saying Im too young to get a new knee (41) but have an appointment on the 15th September where Iam going to beg. Its ruining my life, I used to go hill walking with hubby but I can barely walk to the shops now. So swimming is at least something that doesnt put too much stress on it and I know from before that even the slow swim I can do actually helps me lose weight.

Back