How many extra propoints?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by MsJoJo, 28 January 2012.

1. MsJoJo

MsJoJo Well-Known Member

Hello ladies
    Ive been doing weightwatchers propoints for a couple of weeks and doing well so far. Haven't been to classes but my sister in law bought me the deluxe starter pack with the calculator in it which I used to work out my allowance which was 29 propoints per day. This morning however I discovered I am pregnant (after ttc for 4 1/2 years so bit of a shock, thought it would never happen!). Don't want to lose weight while pregnant but am very keen to limit the amount I gain as my BMI is already 35. Can anybody tell me how many extra points I should be eating to maintain during pregnancy?
  2. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

WW dont have a programme to follow during pregnancy :( They dont allow pregnant members on the diet, I think SW is the only one who make allowances for pregnancy
  3. rebecca1608

rebecca1608 Well-Known Member

I'm on rosemary conley and they suggest upping calories, so if you know roughly how many points is 2200 calories I would do that.

I'm 12 weeks preg and managing to sts which is what I want.
  4. mrs-s

mrs-s Well-Known Member

I am propointing I have 48pp a day plus weeklys which works out around 2200cals a day, I'm 24 weeks and only put on 2lbs so far x
  5. xxxjessiexxx

xxxjessiexxx Well-Known Member

I made bacon pesto pasta tortellini with cream for dinner and a massive trife wish I never made the trifle now the pesto is calorific !!!!
  6. kiwi_chick

kiwi_chick Well-Known Member

Go to a meeting and explain your situation to a leader. I don't know what the story is in your area, but I worked for WW in NZ and it was absolutely fine for you to do the programme for at least the first part of your pregnancy, as long as you had a letter from your doctor saying he/she was happy for you to do it, and made sure to check in weekly with the leader!
  7. xxxjessiexxx

xxxjessiexxx Well-Known Member

My leader said no I had to leave straight away she wouldn't even weigh me
  8. kiwi_chick

kiwi_chick Well-Known Member

Wow, that's strict! Maybe the liability laws are different here?