How many flexi days in a week?

crimson_noir

I went to the cinema last night and treated myself to some pick and mix, which I did not count - intending it to be a flexi day - I rarely go to the cinema.
However I just remembered there is a party this weekend and I wanted that to be a flexi day (I am ok with the food but with alcohol may go over 15 syns). Can you have 2 flexi days in one week? Or should I save up syns over the next few days for saturday?

I would save your syns if possible, or go back to your pick and mix and try to syn that so you know where you are and how much you've got to play with.

Flexi days are for when you just need a normal day with no counting and you're not guaranteed to lose in a week where you have a flexi day. It's just a way of saying, forget the plan for one day and get right back on with it, without worrying you've blown your diet for the week...which could lead to month...and onwards!

Does that make sense?!?!

I try and save some up and see flexing as a last resort.

This is my fourth week on plan and ive had a 2 parties, a hen night and a birthday meal out and I only flexed twice and tried to save syns or make low syn choices instead. Ive lost 9lb so it can work :)

I have been having a flexi day once every week - I thought thats what you were meant to do lol! Ah well I have lost 12 pounds so it hasn't done any harm! Can't point the pick and mix as I forgot to get the password this week and I assume it will be high and very depressing!! I think I will just try to stick to syns on sat.
Thanks.

I try and save some up and see flexing as a last resort.

This is my fourth week on plan and ive had a 2 parties, a hen night and a birthday meal out and I only flexed twice and tried to save syns or make low syn choices instead. Ive lost 9lb so it can work :)

Are you saying that in four weeks you have lost all that weight or were you dieting previously with another plan and that was your start weight with them.

Now as I had understood it, a Flexi day was still about being in control. You chose an amount of syns for the day in question. For example 50, 40 or 35 even 100 etc.

You still count everything as you are staying in control rather then going wild, then the next day you go back to counting as normal.

Maybe a consultant type can pop by with a version as I may be wrong :eek:

your right you pick a number say 50 and still count so you are in control and still "on plan" then the next day you go back to the normal with no oh well i have vlown it so I may aswell carry on bingingness!

maybe next time (or even this time if you can get an i dea of how many syns you have roughly had) do your syns on a weekly basis as a few other me included do i start on 105 a week and work down some days i have quite a few and some days i have next to none and this way on the days when i have had loads i dont feel as i have blown it,
hope some of this makes sense

Back