How many of us have suffered from an eating disorder/addiction in the past?

Pixie

Silver Member
Other than compulsive/over eating?
Just wondered as it seems a fairly common theme, swapping one food obsession/addiction for another...
I suffered with anorexia in my teens and bulimia in my early 20's (which caused my weight to balloon hence the need to lose weight now!)
I never had any counselling though and now realise that would have helped me. and I might not be in this situation now.:psiholog:

Anyone else feel the same?

compulsive eater here! addicted to numbing things with food. dunno if that counts but it certainly is the cause of all my weight problems. could eat wayyyyy beyond hunger and keep on going til near explosion. total food addict :sigh:

Anorexia... check
Bullima... check

Hence the ballooing weight when I started eating again.

I agree with chelle - you don't get rid of an eating disorder, you just channel it into something else. Which is probably why VLCDs work for many people who've had anorexia and bullimia in the past - its just another way of being in control - just this way is healthier than living on wrigleys sugar free and diet coke!!!

compulsive eater here! addicted to numbing things with food. dunno if that counts but it certainly is the cause of all my weight problems. could eat wayyyyy beyond hunger and keep on going til near explosion. total food addict :sigh:

((hugs))

I totally understand. I'm just the same.

i wouldnt call myself a former anorexic, bullemic or compulsive eater but i definitely have an eating/body image disorder which i fear i will never get rid of.

That's me too:eek: Well...think that was me. I get addicted to anything going (as long as it's bad for me). Rarely find good addictions:confused:

Just dabbled with a cocktail of laxatives - water retention tablets and starvation - all to be slim!
Never official classed as anorexic but been well on my way a few times!
Total food addict [trying her best to recover] and now see VLCD as my lifeline - i.e if fat returns VLCD will be there to save me!

bulimic here also:sigh:

I agree with the control thing too but at least now it is sensibly controlled weight loss.

Jacqui

Jacqui

Back